PDA

View Full Version : kodak e6 kit expiry?

o.gok
23-May-2014, 12:25
one of the shop that I buy my stuff said he had acquired some kodak e6 single use kits. I know it has been discontinued, I would much prefer it to tetenal 3 step kit, but is there a chance of depletion of unopened kits? (that was claimed by the rival shop, which sells tetenal kits)

vinny
23-May-2014, 15:55
You need to at least know the date they were made. I just finished the last of my kits last month and it was fine. I bought them as they were disappearing and i don't know the dates.

tgtaylor
23-May-2014, 18:46
Somewhere, on the box or on the individual containers inside, you'll find a 4 digit code that indicates the date of manufacture. For example, on a C=41 kit that I just opened at the beginning of this month, there is printed on each of the bottles "0833." That means that it was bottled during the 33d week of 2008. Had I bothered looking way in the back corner of the cabinet where I found this kit, I wouldn't have ordered a new kit at the end of April. From the description Kodak gives on its website of what good chemistry should look like, the chemistry of this particular kit should be pristine which it turned out to be. Go on the Kodak website and download the tech sheets on E-6 and it will give you the details on how to determine if the chemistry inside is still good. Kodak ois the only manufacture that I am aware of that will give you that information.

Thomas

onnect17
23-May-2014, 18:59
The box should say the date. I have 4 or 5 kits left and they are still good. The temperature in the storage year around is close to 60F.

o.gok
23-May-2014, 23:31
The box should say the date. I have 4 or 5 kits left and they are still good. The temperature in the storage year around is close to 60F.
how old are your kits?
thanks for the answers, I will check them next week.

onnect17
24-May-2014, 04:32
Expired in 2011.