PDA

View Full Version : Horseman 451 roll film back help!!!

stefansikorski
23-May-2014, 05:15
Hello could someone please tell me how to correctly load a Horseman 451 roll film back and how to wind it on after you've taken the 8 exposures

ic-racer
23-May-2014, 05:44
Did it come with the little instruction sheet? If not, it is pretty straight forward. You need to wind up the film so the start mark on the film shows in the hole in the pressure plate. After back closure (with darkslide in!) , keep winding until the lever stops, this will ensure the first frame is in the right spot on the film. After taking the exposure, you need to briefly push the silver lever to release the wind lever to wind to the next frame. You may get double exposures and missed frames until you get your system down. I always try to wind up right after I take a shot. After winding up, with the shutter closed, it is of course, light tight, but I get in the habit of putting the darkslide back in right away. This helps avoid inadvertently removing the back without the darkslide in place.

stefansikorski
23-May-2014, 06:00
okay thank you very much and how do you remove the film safely? like wind it onto the other spool fully

djdister
23-May-2014, 06:12
This website has the instruction manual: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/horseman/horseman_roll_film_holder/horseman_roll_film_holder.htm

ic-racer
23-May-2014, 08:15
After "8" just keep winding, you can usually hear or feel when the tail paper comes off the spool.