PDA

View Full Version : Eastman No 2

jonesp
22-May-2014, 16:24
A gentleman here is selling an Eastman No. 2 Improved Model of Century View and Empire State No 2. I don't have much knowledge of the Eastman cameras, but I've seen Eastman No 2s. Can anyone explain the differences and going prices. He says it's in good condition (a pic is attached). Can't tell what lens it is and he's not really into cameras, he inherited it and is moving. The way it's laying I'm guessing either 8x10 or 11x14. Thanks in advance.

Jon Shiu
22-May-2014, 16:44
In the picture, it looks like a giant camera! Find out what lens it has and the camera format size. Does it have the rear extension rail, accessories, tripod etc. It is very much like the Eastman 2D model.
Jon

jonesp
22-May-2014, 21:29
In the picture, it looks like a giant camera! Find out what lens it has and the camera format size. Does it have the rear extension rail, accessories, tripod etc. It is very much like the Eastman 2D model.
Jon

It is huge Jon, at first I thought 8x10, but I understand an 11x14 was also made in this model. I will hopefully get to see it this weekend. If the bellow is on good condition and it has the basic accessories, I may be tempted although I've only shot up to 8x10.

Drew Bedo
23-May-2014, 04:52
IThe 2D cameras have three goroves in the focusing rail: One for the front standard, one for the rear standard and one for the tripod block. My eyes only see two grooves in the picture. That means that there iwas no tripod block.

Jon Shiu
23-May-2014, 06:49
IThe 2D cameras have three goroves in the focusing rail: One for the front standard, one for the rear standard and one for the tripod block. My eyes only see two grooves in the picture. That means that there iwas no tripod block.

The sliding tripod block is shown in the photo, attached to the bottom slot of the base.

Jon

Drew Bedo
23-May-2014, 07:36
Sorry. Guess I didn't look closely.

Account8600
24-May-2014, 15:25
I am in the process of restoring this same model, mine is 8x10. The Model 2D came later (after 1925) and is darker in color- the D stands for dark. Various lens and shutters were used on these. I saw a similar model sold on e-bay recently for $371, but some people ask close to $500, depending on condition of course. I suggest you check e-bay for price guidance (and offer less). A lot of history on these cameras is also available on the Internet. Good luck.