PDA

View Full Version : Two more newbie questions....

Rank Amature
16-May-2014, 13:00
Truth be told, two stupid questions I haven't been able to find answers to by searching the web. The first is, will only Toyo film holders made for a Toyo Omega 4x5 work in that camera or was there a standard for film holders that puts the film in the correct plane on many cameras? A friend gave me two Fidelity Elite holders and I wonder if they would work on this camera?
The second question is: Can I turn the camera on its side for portrait work without damaging it? ( just using the tripod to turn the whole rail system 90 degrees)? Thanks for guidance on these dumb questions!
Mark

djdister
16-May-2014, 13:06
Any good 4x5 film holders will work, including Fidelity and Lisco. As for turning the camera, doesn't the camera have a back that can be removed and set for vertical orientation?

Rank Amature
16-May-2014, 16:03
Thanks Dan - I was hoping they would work! I had seen camera backs that said they were rotating and thought you had to have one of those. I will look more closely and see if it can be rotated less conveniently. Have a great weekend -
Mark

Tim Meisburger
16-May-2014, 16:26
Mark, I don't know the camera, but there should be two sliding catches at the top of the back. Slide those over and the back will come out. Turn 90 degrees ad put back in and close the catches. Takes about 15 seconds.

Cheers, Tim

Rank Amature
16-May-2014, 17:20
Tim,
Excellent! Once you release the back you can rotate the screen 90 degrees after releasing a few catches - now I also know what these catches are for! Thanks!
Mark