PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for LF this Saturday? (Mt. Tamalpais Ca)

Darin Cozine
18-Oct-2004, 13:31
I'm planning to Mt. Tamalpais this Saturday and I'm taking my 4x5.
If there is anyone who wants to join up let me know.

I am still researching the trails in the area. So I'm not sure about the schedule for the day. If anyone knows the area I would appreciate some advice.

Darin

darinwc (at) yahoo.com

www.cozinephoto.com

Darin Cozine
18-Oct-2004, 14:22
Oh, Mt. Tamalpais is just north of San Francisco.

ISO 2
18-Oct-2004, 14:46
I hope you have a great time up there. I've always wanted to go but never got out of the bay area when I last went to San Francisco.

The mountains sound so romantic and idyllic so I hope you have a great time up there.

Hmmm....large format view cameras are really cool to lug around - we've all heard it said here that these are chick-magnets. Don't let the squawking get to you and bring back some great trannies!

Darin Cozine
18-Oct-2004, 15:28
Next year I plan to go to Angel Island, but this Saturday I only have time for a day-trip. There are ferries that go to Angel Island, and I know that I'd miss the last one and be stuck for the night.

Bobby Black
18-Oct-2004, 15:57
Sounds like fun. Something to keep an eye out for, though. Mt. Tam is the birthplace of high-speed, downhill mountain biking and while the rangers have put speed limits in place on the trails, a lot of folks still bomb the downhills. If you walk or set up a shot where there are a lot of bike treads in the dirt, or if you situate yourself near the apex of a turn, keep your wits about you.

It's a nice area and I've always found the people to be really great up there.

Dan Baumbach
19-Oct-2004, 15:04
Mt. Tam is my neck of the woods. Check the weather before you come up because we're having some pretty bad storms now. Because of the early end to last winter's rains, everthing in the mountain is still pretty brown. What kind of landscapes are you looking for?

I won't have time to join you on Saturday but I'll be glad to help you with information if I can.

- Dan.