PDA

View Full Version : adding front swing to deardorff 8X10

koh303
12-May-2014, 15:40
was trying to find any info on the possibility of adding front swing to an older deardorff. I read once somewhere that this can easily be done with the right parts. Is that true? Where can these parts be had?

I have read the troublsome dealings with the "LF deardorff" Ebay seller (and off Ebay), so wonder if anyone has any angle on this?
I have not been able to find any pertinent info on here.

Jonathan Barlow
12-May-2014, 16:15
The full front-swing assembly is available from the (in)famous Barry Cochran on eBay for $300. He actually ships (most) eBay orders.

koh303
12-May-2014, 17:23
I have looked and have not seen any on their page. I emailed him to see if they have any.
I also emailed ken kough, but he not only does not have any but says he asks about twice as much when he does.

I guess i just have to wait and see if any come up from cochran.

David E. Rose
12-May-2014, 17:50
I did it to my older Deardorff using a set of parts from Barry. This was probably three years ago, can't speak to his current reliability. I remember it being reasonably easy to swap out with the original parts.

koh303
12-May-2014, 18:05
Just got a reply from Barry, and they say they will have more "kits" in stock in June, for 450$. I think thats not too bad, but would have preferred to pay 325$ which is what they sold the kits for before.... I guess we will wait and see.