PDA

View Full Version : 11 x 14 Camera for rental/borrow in London or UK (student help!)

DurbinLewisLtd
12-May-2014, 04:10
Hello,

Does anybody know of or have an 11 x 14 camera with necessary lens/dark slides (or 10x12) that can be rented or borrowed in London or the UK in general?

It's for the Royal College of Art, where I'm a student.

I'm looking to work with 11x14 direct positives but if a private camera owner were interested I could set the wheels in motion for giving an ULF workshop at the RCA - which would actually be amazing, as we're trying to set up a platinum printing workshop as well.

Please feel free to let me know, any info would be a massive help!

all the best,

John

Steven Tribe
12-May-2014, 05:05
There used to be companies that rented out these formats in London (early 20th Century!).

10x12" is an earlier format which was quite common - often with tailboard cameras with only basic movements.
There will be owners of useable cameras - with perhaps 3 double dark plate/film holders - in the London area.

11x14" are generally more modern cameras with more movements.

Remember that you should think about focal length of lenses as well.

There is a metric size as well (paper direct) which is 30x40cm (tailboard type).

Pete Watkins
13-May-2014, 01:57
Contact Silverprint. they're south of the river though.
Pete.

Tobias Key
13-May-2014, 05:03
You try contacting Teamwork, I don't know if they hire out 11x14, but they do hire out large format so they might know someone.

http://www.teamworkphoto.com

Phil Hudson
13-May-2014, 10:19
PM sent