PDA

View Full Version : Taylor-Hobson Cooke Lens Question

ViewCameraNut
11-May-2014, 18:09
Hello everyone, I have a question about a lens I picked up tonight. I do want to sell it eventually here on LF, but need to know what your thoughts about a selling price for this lens might be. It is a brass Taylor-Hobson Cooke Process Anastigmat 18 inch Series V,B Serial # 125177. The glass is free of any scratches and fungus and I would rate it 8/10. F/stops are 10 thru 64, however there doesn't appear to be anyway to open and close the aperture blades, maybe the arm that moved them is broke off? I will try and post a photo tomorrow of what I'm talking about. It is a really nice piece of glass. Thanks for your help and time. Sincerely, Mike Cable.

Dan Fromm
11-May-2014, 19:27
Mike, it is an uncoated process lens. Go on eBay and look for selling prices of uncoated 18" process lenses. Artars (not red dot), old Apo-Tessars, ...

Steven Tribe
12-May-2014, 04:28
Here is the catalogue description.

Sometimes these had a hard life. which is perhaps why Cooke had a re-surfacing service for these.

If the iris is kaput, there is an additional slot (concealed) which could be used for Waterhouse stops.

ViewCameraNut
12-May-2014, 06:50
Thanks for the information Steven. The glass is excellent on this one.

ViewCameraNut
12-May-2014, 06:51
Thanks for your answer and time Dan. Sincerely, Mike C.

ElmoLopez
28-Nov-2021, 18:41
Hi everyone, I have a 25" (Series V) Taylor Hobson Cooke process lens. I have 11 of the 12 iris blades, and the locking ring that holds them in place is gone. Does any else have this lens who can give me the dimensions of the locking ring? Maybe I can get one 3D printed? Maybe I can find a random iris blade out there too. Any ideas? Thanks, Elmo

cowanw
28-Nov-2021, 19:46
I have made an iris blade out of a fully exposed and developed piece of 8x10 film.

ElmoLopez
29-Nov-2021, 17:28
I have made an iris blade out of a fully exposed and developed piece of 8x10 film.

Wow, never thought of that... thanks :) Now all I have to do is find a locking ring to hold them all together !