PDA

View Full Version : Harman Direct Positive Discontinued ... stockpiling a good idea?

DurbinLewisLtd
6-May-2014, 10:44
Hello,

Just wondering if other people have stocked up on direct positive paper while its discontinued?

I know they hope to be able to produce it again but has this happened before with other direct positives or other papers and they've never returned?

All the best,

John R

Amedeus
6-May-2014, 10:50
I did on 8x10 ... wish I could find a 20" or 40" roll of positive paper though ...

Paul Cunningham
6-May-2014, 13:28
If they are able to restart it, it will almost certainly be different, in some way, from the current offering. It might even be better, but who knows.

On the chance that I fall in love with this exact paper, i just bought 4 (more) boxes, as I have a project in mind. Chances are, there'll be a market for it if I don't want it any more.

Hello,

Just wondering if other people have stocked up on direct positive paper while its discontinued?

I know they hope to be able to produce it again but has this happened before with other direct positives or other papers and they've never returned?

All the best,

John R

DurbinLewisLtd
7-May-2014, 00:46
Out of interest, what kind of figure have you guys stockpiled? I'm wondering if I went overboard with 13 boxes of 10x8 and 11 of 11x14?

Is your project on 5x4? Do you mind me asking where you're still able to get it from? I thought Europe was basically empty.

I also wish I could find a roll!

Paul Cunningham
8-May-2014, 07:59
Yes 4x5.
Blue Moon Camera & Machine, Portland Oregon. They have an online store as well. They seem to still have 4x5, 5x7, 8x10.

http://automat.bluemooncamera.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=65_67_87

DurbinLewisLtd
14-May-2014, 18:22
As a follow up - I seem to have found a 50 inch roll of direct positive paper in The Netherlands - Harman didn't seem to think they had produced any rolls for commercial sale so I was quite surprised to get the call over it!

When it arrives in London I'll have to build a large pinhole camera for it!

stawastawa
14-May-2014, 19:32
As a follow up - I seem to have found a 50 inch roll of direct positive paper in The Netherlands - Harman didn't seem to think they had produced any rolls for commercial sale so I was quite surprised to get the call over it!

When it arrives in London I'll have to build a large pinhole camera for it!

How wonderful! I was thinking of making a traveling darkroom the other day, with option to convert to giant roving pinhole camera =)