PDA

View Full Version : Layton Field Cameras

scott strickland
15-Oct-2004, 08:25
Does anyone know much about the Layton Field Camera. The ad for the new aluminum one seems interesting but a web search yields virtually no information. I'm particulary interested in the price/quality "ratio," if you will.

Thanks,

Scott Strickland

Gem Singer
15-Oct-2004, 09:08
Hi Scott,

From what I understand, the camera is scheduled to be introduced at the PhotoPlus Expo, in New York, on October 21st. I suppose all of us will need to wait until next week for more details. I'm interested in taking a look at it, myself. From what I can see from the computerized image of the camera, It really looks promising. I hope Layton can produce this camera and doesn't price it off the market.

Ralph Barker
15-Oct-2004, 09:12
The Layton Web site has specs for the camera, excluding price and availability. Looks interesting.

http://www.laytoncamera.com/features.html

steve simmons
15-Oct-2004, 10:30
Kerry Thalmann has a review in the upcoming View Camera. We hope to see the camera at the Photo Plus show in NYC next week.

steve simmons

Jim Rice
15-Oct-2004, 16:23
It certainly looks interesting, and less ugly in photographs than in the CAD drawings. With CNC machine tools and (hopefully) volume construction they may be able to hit a price point, too. I'm happy with my Wiz, but if i was on the edge of buying I'd have to wait a couple of weeks.

Matthew Cordery
15-Oct-2004, 16:27
It's still an 8 lb camera. I think I'll keep my 3 lb Ebony....

tim atherton
15-Oct-2004, 17:24
8lbs? Jeesh that's as heavy as my 8x10...

Frank Petronio
15-Oct-2004, 17:28
My glance at it tells me it should be very sturdy and capable of using large, long, and heavy lenses - justifying the weight.

William Draffen
4-Jan-2005, 08:55
I met with Layton at the NYC show and was impressed with it's design and strenght and workmanship.
As a pro shooter and also a aerospace fasteners company I know I will like this product. I use Sinar in studio but
would like a nice field camera. Price is high Appox$ 4500.00 . Nice people to deal with!