PDA

View Full Version : The Last Sheet of Film

CP Goerz
14-Oct-2004, 16:50
A small thought passed my mind the other day after all the unwelcome news stories about Ilford...What would your last picture be when taken with the very last sheet of film on the planet?

CP Goerz

Richard Martel
14-Oct-2004, 16:59
The box it came in....R

David A. Goldfarb
14-Oct-2004, 16:59
You know, I've been thinking about this since I've had one last roll of Kodachrome 25 sitting in the freezer for a while--not large format of course, but it's to the point of the question. I've loaded it into my Voigtlander Vitessa-L and decided to use it for one last season of fall colors and maybe a few portraits, and I've promised myself to shoot every frame as if it were 11x14" transparency--heavier tripod than I would typically use for a 35mm rangefinder, cable release, careful metering, filtration for color balance, and no bracketing.

My last sheet of LF film? Unless we run out of silver nitrate, I'll be making my own plates if that happens.

Francesco
14-Oct-2004, 17:20
Yup finally, a self portrait.

Francesco (www.cicoli.com)

Terence McDonagh
14-Oct-2004, 17:30
I see it going something like this:

Beautiful [insert super-models' or former Russian tennis-player's name here] nude lying on perfect background.

Arrange lighting.

Meter one more time.

Check focus on ground glass one last time.

Step back from dark cloth.

Take in scene.

Pull dark slide.

Fire shutter.

Realize I never closed shutter after viewing ground glass and before pulling darkslide.

Jorge Gasteazoro
14-Oct-2004, 18:27
I would take a picture of me closing the door to my DR , where you could barely make the siluette of the enlarger.....

Deniz
14-Oct-2004, 18:51
I wont use it.. i'll keep it and sell it on e-bay for a million bucks to Jorge.. :)

Jorge Gasteazoro
14-Oct-2004, 19:27
Got the wrong Jorge bubba, I would be making glass plates by then... :-)

Jim Rice
14-Oct-2004, 20:04
Jorge and bubba in the same sentence.....life is good.

Wayne Firth
15-Oct-2004, 06:06
It will just be the last sheet of film. It will not be the last photograph ever. Photography will continue. The world will not stop when the last sheet of film is exposed.

Gem Singer
15-Oct-2004, 06:43
It's like asking : where will you go on your final trip in an automobile when the last model T Ford rolls off of the assembly line? In the case of a camera and film, I probably would have began using a digital, or a yet to be invented method for capturing an image, long before the final piece of film was made.

CXC
15-Oct-2004, 10:29
The Chrysler building, at sunset.

P. Victor
15-Oct-2004, 11:52
I would take a picture of a very old nude model holding the box it came in, lying on the floor like if she was dead. Just next to her, another beatiful model, also nude, holding a DSLR, pointing the camera to the old lady, like if it was a gun. The second model is looking to the camera with a sarcastic look. On the background, a funeral would be just nice...

Pedro

F. Arnold
15-Oct-2004, 11:58
Petroglyphs in Canyonlands. It's what I'm currently hoarding my last box of Agfa 100 in 4x5 for.

David R Munson
15-Oct-2004, 12:57
I'd probably accidentally pull the slide and fog it.

Ralph Barker
15-Oct-2004, 13:09
Using an appropriate solar filter, I'd shoot the sun as it becomes a red giant and engulfs Venus (just before it engulfs the earth), then rush into the darkroom to develop the film. ;-)

domenico Foschi
15-Oct-2004, 15:06
I will write the word Ass...e on a board, take a picture of it with the sheet loaded, develop it, put it in an envelope and send it to the CEO of Ilford .

Jorge Gasteazoro
15-Oct-2004, 15:18
So Domeinico, tell us how you really feel.... :-)

Robert Musgjerd
15-Oct-2004, 18:57
A little boy crying

Steve Hamley
15-Oct-2004, 19:52
A picture of the $5 bill I'd send to Andrew to buy his Dagor collection since it would be worthless... (Grin).

Steve

Andre Noble
15-Oct-2004, 21:29
Well, since we are fantasizing (and I must say I am not a Holy Roller) I always thought the most significant thing photographically would be have one opportunity to shoot a single frame on Medium or large format, B&W, of the man who would later become known as Jesus of Nazareth - Jesus Christ.

But I'm sure Richard Avedon's taking care of that right now.

Jon_2416
16-Oct-2004, 20:22
>of the man who would later become known as Jesus of Nazareth - Jesus Christ.

Nah, I'd go back in time and shoot Nietzsche penning the last few lines of his book "The Antichrist".

HP5, HC110 at 1:45, in my rotary...

Jim Galli
17-Oct-2004, 11:00
What's the correct exposure for a mushroom cloud? I've got 8.75 rolls of 100' X 10" Efke 100 PL in the deep freeze. I'm 52.

d.s.
25-Oct-2004, 17:20
Me...

dee

Ken Lee
25-Oct-2004, 19:02
http://www.kenleegallery.com/hockbarn.jpg

Every sheet is the last sheet of film

Lars Åke Vinberg
26-Oct-2004, 19:58
I wonder... would there be any way to capture the sheet itself ?