PDA

View Full Version : Photography Exhibit

buckscountyprojectgallery
2-May-2014, 11:40
"Footprints. Photographs of an Endangered Journey."
May 15 - June 14, 2014 Artist Reception May 16, 6-8pm

The intention of this exhibit is to raise awareness, in image and word, to the sad realities facing our animal world; both in the threat of extinction and the fact that these animals are carrying the burden for the choices we make. The exhibit highlights the work of three photographers; the elephant photographed by Miriam Seiden, the wild mustang by Robin Davies and poultry by Elsbeth Upton. The imagery in this exhibition highlights the beauty, grace and intimacy with which these species bear their unique challenges. Part of the sales from this exhibit will go directly to the photographers' individual charities.

djdister
2-May-2014, 12:10
Where exactly is this exhibit?

Heroique
2-May-2014, 13:02
Sheesh – picky, picky. ;^)

Google is your friend:

Bucks County Project Gallery
252 West Ashland Street
Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Gallery's online statement, slightly different than above:

This exhibit raises awareness in image and word to the sad reality of facing extinction in our animal world and to the fact that these animals are carrying the burden for the choices we make. The exhibit highlights the elephant photographed by Miriam Seiden, the wild mustang by Robin Davies and the chicken by Elsbeth Upton. The imagery in this exhibition highlights the beauty, grace and intimacy with which they bear their challenges. Part of the sales from this exhibit will go directly to the photographers' individual charities.

Reading the gallery statement might raise some eyebrows. I had no idea that the chicken is facing extinction! It's also news to me that we share with the animals no burdens for our choices that endanger and, too many times over the centuries, exterminate them. I hope the photographer-chosen charities will raise awareness about our burdens.

buckscountyprojectgallery
3-May-2014, 04:29
Good point, the way I wrote the fIrst sentence could lead to the misunderstanding that chickens are facing extinction. "This exhibit raises awareness, in image and word, to the sad realities facing our animal world; both in the threat of extinction and the fact that these animals are carrying the burden for the choices we make". It's tough to cover every animal in one small show, so we chose three and their individual stories and plight. It is indeed the threat to some of our animals on this earth, it is some that are facing extinction, some that carry burdens of our choices, some that have gone extinct already, and yes, some are definitely very happy as well, I imagine. So, chickens are not going extinct, in this exhibit the other two highlighted animals are. The exhibit also raises awareness, simply giving a forum for thought, start a dialogue which can head into any direction you'd like it to go, simply raising the opportunity for awareness and discussion, no petitions signed, no law being laid down, just three opinions and observations from three photographers who took the time to dig a little deeper into three subjects and want to share what they saw. It's quite interesting, please stop by and see what you think in person. Thank you for your time to read through my website, google indeed can be a friend at times.