PDA

View Full Version : Espon v700--copying image slightly larger than glass surface?

Darin Boville
1-May-2014, 15:04
I'm hoping this has been encountered before--maybe by someone making scans of larger contact prints?

I want to scan a print slightly larger than the v700 maximum scanning area. I figure I can scan it in sections and then just stitch, no big deal. But the print is mounted--and I want it to lay flat, which the design of the Epson won't let me do.

My next thought was to put a sheet of glass over the espon to provide a flat surface and just move the glass (with the print on it) to scan it in sections. Print is flat, easy to do. But in this case, at least using VueScan, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the Epson to use the "transparency lens" (which focuses slightly higher than the built-in glass surface) when scanning *reflective* material.

Does Silverfast, Epson, or any other software allow this to be done? Any other ideas on a solution?

--Darin

mdarnton
1-May-2014, 17:01
I had something too large to scan and so I turned it 90 degrees and did it in two parts, then stitched them together, after. Just like stitching negative scans.

Jim Jones
1-May-2014, 18:38
Unplugging and removing the lid should give you enough room to scan in more than one pass for stitching. The lid lifts off. Sharpness is good enough for many purposes, even though the copy material may not be in contact with the glass.

Darin Boville
1-May-2014, 20:03
Any thoughts on whether I can remove the bezel? Anyone ever done that successfully? Problems with calibration patch (Isn't that on the underside of the bezel?)?

--Darin

adelorenzo
1-May-2014, 20:37
This seems like the kind of thing that a copy stand and a digital camera would do best. At least that is what I would do.