PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock 180mm with Sironar N with white ring

cyron123
30-Apr-2014, 09:31
Hello guys,

i could buy a Rodenstock 180mm Sironar N with white ring iin. i am searching for a 180mm lens. I am using a Pahse One P25. Do you know if this combination lens and back is OK? I dont know anything about the white ring declaration at Rodenstock.
Thank you.

cyron

Bob Salomon
30-Apr-2014, 09:48
There was no white ring. The Apo Sironar N had a silver ring. The Sironar-N did not have a ring.
Apo Sironar-N = silver ring
Apo Sironar-S = red ring
Aop Sironar-W = yellow ring
Apo Grandagon and Grandagon = green ring
Apo Ronar = blue ring
Apo Macro Sironar and Macro Sironar = orange ring
HR Digaron-W = blue ring
Apo Sironar Digital, Apo Macro Sironar Digital and HR Digaron-S = purple ring
HR Digaron-S/W = yellow ring

All Rodenstock lenses made before the introduction of the Apo Sironar-S (including the Sironar-S) had no ring.

For Digital the best 180mm lenses from Rodenstock would be either the 180mm Apo Sironar Digital (covers 150mm) or the 180mm HR Digaron-S (covers 80mm circle), depending on the required image circle for your needs. The HR Digaron-S series is formulated for backs with a pixel pitch of 5 micron or smaller. The Apo Sironar digital is designed for a pixel pitch down to 9 microns

cyron123
30-Apr-2014, 10:22
HI Bob,
thank you for this info. That means, that the Apo Sironar without "digital" and Digaron ist not usable for digital?
cyron

Bob Salomon
30-Apr-2014, 10:42
HI Bob,
thank you for this info. That means, that the Apo Sironar without "digital" and Digaron ist not usable for digital?
cyron

All lenses can be used with digital. But if you want the best results a digitaal back can deliver then you will need a digital view camera and lenses designed for digital.
The Digaron lenses aremade for digital. Apo Sironar-N, S and W were not made for digital.

cyron123
30-Apr-2014, 11:29
Hi Bob,
thank you. What lens type would you prever for landscape shooting. Not the expenisive digital ones...

Bob Salomon
30-Apr-2014, 11:55
Hi Bob,
thank you. What lens type would you prever for landscape shooting. Not the expenisive digital ones...

Apo Sironar-S if you don't want the quality of the digital lens.