PDA

View Full Version : Technika to kardan lens board adapter?

Theo
21-Apr-2014, 00:21
I'm looking at this linhof kardan color 45s on the auction site... It has what looks like to me (an LF noob) a technika to kardan lens board adapter on it. Am I correct? This would be great for me as I like the idea of having the smaller size and versatility of the technika boards.

Thanks in advance!

If you have any compelling reasons why you think I shouldn't go for this camera, they would also be welcome.

Francisco J. Fernández
21-Apr-2014, 00:49
Hello,

if indeed it is an adapter for using a Linhof Technika 4x5 lens board lens on a Linhof Kardan 4x5 board.

hoffner
21-Apr-2014, 04:05
Theo,
just a needed explication - Francisco J.Fernandez doesn't speak English, as he said elsewhere. He lets Googgle translate his Spanish text. That's why his posts often don't make any sense.
Sorry that I can't help you with your original question.

William Whitaker
21-Apr-2014, 04:07
Yes, it is a Technika lensboard adapter (which is what I think the earlier poster said).

As a note, the Linhof adapter boards for Technika to Kardan are very nice. I've had two or three of these and used them to make adapter boards for other cameras. They have gotten hard to find and frequently demand a price much higher than those of after-market suppliers. As is often the case, the OEM design is the best.

You're fortunate to find a camera where one is included as Technika boards are easier to find. Not all after-market Tech boards are equal. There are manufacturing variations that can cause fit issues with some cameras. I've found the Linhof adapter shown to be more tolerant of small dimensional variations than other adapters which hold the smaller board in a milled recess.

The circular light trap on the rear of the Technika board mates with the circular opening on the adapter.

Looks like a lovely camera. If the photo is any evidence of its condition and the price is right, you should go for it!

Bob Salomon
21-Apr-2014, 04:58
I'm looking at this linhof kardan color 45s on the auction site... It has what looks like to me (an LF noob) a technika to kardan lens board adapter on it. Am I correct? This would be great for me as I like the idea of having the smaller size and versatility of the technika boards.

Thanks in advance!

If you have any compelling reasons why you think I shouldn't go for this camera, they would also be welcome.

Yes, it is the flat Technika 45 adapter board 001087. There is also a recessed one 001093 for wide angle lenses.

Theo
21-Apr-2014, 13:05
Thanks so much for the help everyone!

William D. Lester
22-Apr-2014, 10:15
I have the same camera with the same lensboard. I use my Technika outside and this one inside for portraits, still life's etc. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Theo
23-Apr-2014, 16:36
I ended up going for a Sinar F1 for about $50 more... now I just need to wait for it to make its way up here to Canada!