PDA

View Full Version : beautiful mobile 30"x30" studio camera

HeinrichVoelkel
16-Apr-2014, 22:56
saw this on another forum, a guy (I don't know him) is selling this beauty.
pictures are located here: https://picasaweb.google.com/105852023778661039390/30x30StudioCamera

He even has a video, showing the use of the vacuum back.

The camera looks so amazing, but is to far away from my location to consider buying it.

Steven Tribe
17-Apr-2014, 10:54
This (and others with the same process camera background) has been around here before. Neither a very attractive or very handy apparatus. Always difficult to dispose of when interest fades.

HeinrichVoelkel
17-Apr-2014, 12:11
I think it really depends on what you want to do with this. Actually this one looks great, it is on wheels, etc. If it would be on my side of the pond, I would be tempted to put it in my studio and use it for some portrait work.

William Whitaker
17-Apr-2014, 13:12
I still haven't seen where it's located. Been through the link twice.

ic-racer
17-Apr-2014, 14:09
Didn't Avedon already show us that you can just shoot with a simple 8x10 setup and enlarge it later...

HeinrichVoelkel
17-Apr-2014, 14:44
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=88835.0

HeinrichVoelkel
17-Apr-2014, 14:45
Didn't James Bond show us you can just shoot with a simple Minox and enlarge later...

William Whitaker
17-Apr-2014, 14:53
Ha!! Almost in my backyard! Well, 75 miles, anyway.

I do like the idea of no film holders. But what would the neighbors say?
Oh dear, oh dear...

Tin Can
17-Apr-2014, 15:47
It was on eBay for big $.

William Whitaker
17-Apr-2014, 16:04
Hate to say, it's big $ even if it were free.

Tin Can
17-Apr-2014, 16:06
I would not want it. My Studio Deardorff is already overkill. But fun!

Hate to say, it's big $ even if it were free.

Amedeus
17-Apr-2014, 21:47
Interesting indeed ... wouldn't mind having it as a dedicated portrait camera but still high $$$ especially since i have the lenses already (and it didn't cost me "thousands" to get those lenses ... )

Drew Bedo
18-Apr-2014, 05:32
Has anyone ever seen another similar to this one?

Just looking at the pictures: From the size of the rear standard holding the bellows, I suspect that an even larger back could be made to work. Any thoughts on that notion?

William Whitaker
18-Apr-2014, 08:26
Has anyone ever seen another similar to this one?

I did see one once at a place that did aerial photography. The rear standard was mounted into a wall which formed one wall of a darkroom so that the rear standard was accessible from inside the darkroom (which you'd really need since there is no provision for a darkslide.) The front standard extended into the next room where work to be copied was placed. If you look closely at the photos of the one for sale, there is a flange around the outside of the rear standard, apparently for just that purpose.

Just looking at the pictures: From the size of the rear standard holding the bellows, I suspect that an even larger back could be made to work. Any thoughts on that notion?
Yeah, just one: Are you NUTS??