PDA

View Full Version : Instructions and step chart for X-Rite 361?

Craig Tuffin
13-Apr-2014, 07:19
I managed to get a hold of (borrow) an X-rite 361 for my x-ray negs and salt prints. Unfortunately the densitometer needs calibrating and I don't have any instructions and/or the step wedge for it.

Anyone that's got one they can scan or send me in some way so I can get this baby working would be very much appreciated.

adelorenzo
13-Apr-2014, 08:28
Instructions are on the Xrite website:

http://www.xrite.com/documents/manuals/en/361T-500_361T_Densitometer_Operation_Manual_en.pdf

I got my calibrated step wedge from these guys:

http://www.stouffer.net/TransPage.htm

Craig Tuffin
13-Apr-2014, 14:34
Thank you very much...it seems I needed to look at the website a bit harder.

NancyP
19-Apr-2014, 12:47
How useful is doing densitometry? I could likely find one somewhere in university (I used to use the densitometer to quantitate gel bands on x ray film - radioactivity or chemiluminescence-labeled proteins or nucleic acids).

Craig Tuffin
28-Apr-2014, 00:13
Hi NancyP,

Sorry I"ve been away and completely missed your reply.

I find the densitometer ideal for gauging dmax and dmin to lock in printing times for my salt prints…that is if I can get the thing calibrated. I'd very much appreciate if you have the time to have a look at the university.

Thanks

NancyP
29-Apr-2014, 07:29
Craig, it's a long way to go for a mere densitometer - 14 hour flight? Bet you can find one at some other university close to you.

Luis-F-S
29-Apr-2014, 07:34
How useful is doing densitometry? I could likely find one somewhere in university (I used to use the densitometer to quantitate gel bands on x ray film - radioactivity or chemiluminescence-labeled proteins or nucleic acids).

Only if you want to establish film speed and developing times more accurate than what the manufacturer tells you to use. Also, the only silver film densitometer presently supported by X-rite is the 301. My understanding is that they are discontinuing support for their non-current units. L