PDA

View Full Version : A Chemistry Issue

P. Victor
5-Oct-2004, 21:41
Hello, folks. I´ve asked some questions in this forum before and all the replies were very helpful. This time my question is about the the Instant Color Film FP-100C45 (4X5"). Does any one know what is the composition of its instant developer substance? Thank you in advance

Cheers

tor kviljo
6-Oct-2004, 06:16
I don't know for sure, but since the instat films rely an a caustic jelly, it's reason to belive that the "developer" in fact is a activator acting in the same way as the caustic activator used in Agfachrome speed (1-bath "developer" color reversal paper), Kodak Ektaflex (color pos & neg. film + paper with 1 bath caustic activator), AGFA's professional Copycolor (caustic activtor, system like Kodak). All these were (all of them discontinued long time ago as I know about, Copycolor the last to leave) instant developing color reversal (kodak & copycolor also negative) processes for dark-room use, but adaptable for camera. I guess I am not the ony to have used ektaflex reversal films in 8"x10" camera... Thus: My guess is that the activator is packed in jelly-like substance for proper handeling outside darkroom, and that all developer-agents is incorporated in film/paper-sandwich as in all "-speed" paper processes.

P. Victor
7-Oct-2004, 22:06
Thanks, Tor, for your answer. Would you know if is it possible to get this caustic jelly-like substance apart?