PDA

View Full Version : Graflok back on Anniversary Speed

Rolfe Tessem
10-Apr-2014, 08:58
Can anyone shed some light on how difficult it is to attach a Graflok back to an Anniversary Speed? Graflok backs are routinely available on the Bay and I'd like to use roll-film backs and other accessories on my Speed. I prefer the Anniversary to the Pacemaker because I use a number of older lenses in barrels and the larger lens board and greater number of shutter speeds are advantageous.

Is is simply a matter of unscrewing the original and screwing on the Graflok, or are shims and other fussing involved?

Thanks for any advice!

EdSawyer
10-Apr-2014, 09:32
Should be generally no fussing. I have swapped backs on Pacemakers, and it's really just unscrewing the half dozen screws that hold it on, and bolting on the new one. If you are using the rangefinder, calibrate it to what the ground glass shows, and it should be fine. There's no mirror involved so shouldn't be any need to shim anything (like there might be on say a Graflex reflex camera)

-Ed

IanG
10-Apr-2014, 09:42
The Anniversary Speed Graphic was available with a Graflok back, so it's interchangeable and easy to swap,no shims etc. In fact the Anniversary Speed Graphic has almost the same body as the Pacemaker, minus the dual shutter release, the major difference is the front standard and bellows.

Ian

Rolfe Tessem
10-Apr-2014, 10:06
Thanks for the quick replies...

The search for a back is on!

Rolfe

toolbox
10-Apr-2014, 10:43
The Anniversary Speed Graphic was available with a Graflok back, so it's interchangeable and easy to swap,no shims etc. In fact the Anniversary Speed Graphic has almost the same body as the Pacemaker, minus the dual shutter release, the major difference is the front standard and bellows.

Ian

I think the Graflok was introduced in 1950 on the Pacemaker as an option (Graphic was standard, Graflex was an option), but apparently it's a drop on fit for the Anni...

IanG
10-Apr-2014, 12:06
I think the Graflok was introduced in 1950 on the Pacemaker as an option (Graphic was standard, Graflex was an option), but apparently it's a drop on fit for the Anni...

The Graflok backs were offered for retro fitting.

Ian