PDA

View Full Version : bellows from camerabellows

Jan Schuller
5-Oct-2004, 09:37
Hello everybody, I'd like to order a bellows for a Linhof Technika IV from camerabellows. The company and their products appear to have quite some reputation. Is there somebody who tried the bellows-installing-operation? Is this a complicated project?

Regards,

Jan

Scott Walton
5-Oct-2004, 10:03
Jan, I needed a new bellows for my Tec III a few years back and researched the several companies that do that. I went with Camera Bellows and it is perfect! Their bellows are beautiful, and, not like any of the other companies, extend and compress for my 65mm to my 360mm, 400mm and my 250mm Imagon. The others could not gaurantee the proper compression/extension because of the pleat sizes! They made it and it arrived very quickly and Donna was very informative! HIGHLY recommend them!

Gem Singer
5-Oct-2004, 10:36
Hi Jan,

Judging from your post on the photo.net forum, you have already decided to get the new bellows from Camera Bellows in the UK. Good choice. Now, you want to know if you can remove the old bellows and install the new one, yourself. It's not a very complicated operation. However, it requires some degree of mechanical ability, as well as the proper tools. If you don't have both of those items, you will probably be better off if you found someone, who is familiar with changing bellows, to do the job.