PDA

View Full Version : Help required, if ordering from B&H, would you be willing to send a jiffy to the UK?

Ed Bray
7-Apr-2014, 07:01
I would like to order a pack of B&H's Delta Film Clips, These (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/123163-REG/Delta_58050_Stainless_Steel_Film_Clips.html) if someone could pick up a pack and ship in a small jiffy to the UK I would be very grateful, the cost of shipping alone from B&H to the UK is more than 4x the cost of the clips.

TIA, Eddie.

Deval
7-Apr-2014, 07:32
I don't live in the NY area anymore, so I can't help you directly.

I use a cheap DIY solution for film clips.

I use a wire coat hanger. You can disconnect and reconnect the metal arms from these clips. Works perfectly for 4x5 or 8x10. It hasn't bent any film for me yet

good luck

Brian C. Miller
7-Apr-2014, 07:53
I've been using plastic clothes pins with a big paperclip unbent and threaded through to hang them up.

Ed Bray
7-Apr-2014, 07:58
Thanks for the info, I've tried those tips and others and I prefer the B&H clips married along with a Kodak clip, together they make the perfect clip for my drying cabinet. I already have 10, but would like another 10 and I already have another 10 Kodak clips spare.

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2014, 08:00
4120 are the Kaiser film clips (pair, stainless steel, 1 weighted and 1 unweighted). Since Kaiser is in Germany you should have no problem finding and shipping them to the UK.

Ed Bray
7-Apr-2014, 08:23
Thanks for the info Bob, but, I don't want them, I already have dozens of standard film clips (of many different varieties including quite a few of the Kaiser ones suggested) but the only ones I want are the Delta Clips as shown in the Link I posted in the OP above.

DKirk
7-Apr-2014, 08:25
Can't find any at the moment, but these look remarkably simmilar to some bits from Ikea. May have been in the section by curtains/blinds. . .

DKirk
7-Apr-2014, 08:29
RIKTIG Curtain hook with clip,
Article Number :
£3 for 24

May as well pick up some of their meatballs too. . .

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
7-Apr-2014, 08:38
I use the RIKTIG too. Works perfectly.

Taija71A
7-Apr-2014, 09:06
PM Sent.

Ed Bray
7-Apr-2014, 09:43
PM Sent.

And replied to.

Looks like Tim is going to sort me out, many thanks Tim.

I will also have a look at ordering some of the Ikea clips to see what they are like on the dryer, it will depend though on what they charge for shipping as the nearest IKEA to us at the moment is in Bristol and that is a 4 hour round trip.

Pete Watkins
7-Apr-2014, 10:59
The rest of the UK's got the Ikea's, you've got the scrumpy!
I know where I'd rather be :-)
Pete.

DKirk
7-Apr-2014, 11:03
I get quoted £9 for Parcelfarce. . . Costs about the same for a return ticket (train, then bus) to get to my nearest Ikea.

Taija71A
7-Apr-2014, 11:07
____

No problem Eddie!
You of course... Are always 'More than Welcome'...
--
*I tried replying to your latest PM... But your 'Inbox' was full.
--
Best regards,

-Tim.
_________

Regular Rod
7-Apr-2014, 11:59
I'm in the UK and I found these are ideal.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-DENTAL-X-RAY-FILM-HANGER-1-CLIP-FOR-XRAY-FILM-451-0001-/00/s/MTM1MFgxNTk5/z/gmYAAOxyOMdS88RC/$_12.JPG

Just go on ebay and search for Dental Medical X-Ray Film Hanger Single Clip. I bought a set of 18. Just twist the body through 90 degrees with two pairs of pliers to make them hang closer together without touching each other.

RR

Ed Bray
7-Apr-2014, 12:59
Got a load of them Rod, not suitable as they come, I have not tried twisting them through 90 degrees though, may have a go at that later.

evan clarke
7-Apr-2014, 16:55
I buy stainless clips from these people. Cheap and lots of configurations.

http://craft-inc.myshopify.com/collections/clips

jose angel
8-Apr-2014, 03:37
I dislike this dental x-ray film clips, they work but use to slightly bend the film. Same as with any "sharp-point" type clips.
BTW, Deval, I also like yours but find them not tight enough to securely hold the sheets.

So the ones I like are as below. They are very cheap and in many sizes, but sadly they need a "S" shaped wire to be hanged. With these, my film sheets came out perfectly flat and are extremely secure:

stawastawa
14-Apr-2014, 01:23
and where do you get said clips?

I dislike this dental x-ray film clips, they work but use to slightly bend the film. Same as with any "sharp-point" type clips.
BTW, Deval, I also like yours but find them not tight enough to securely hold the sheets.

So the ones I like are as below. They are very cheap and in many sizes, but sadly they need a "S" shaped wire to be hanged. With these, my film sheets came out perfectly flat and are extremely secure:

jose angel
14-Apr-2014, 03:24
I buy them at the office depot, around the corner.
Google for them; just type bulldog clips. They are available everywhere. Even on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sparco-Bulldog-Clip-1-Length-X-1-25-Width-36-Box-Silver-SPR58500-/231164623006).
---

... sadly they need a "S" shaped wire to be hanged.To be sincere, I don`t use any wire. I simply hold the sheet and the line at a time.

StoneNYC
14-Apr-2014, 15:13
Just as an aside comment like others have shared, I found that these simple clothespin seem to work really well and are super cheap, I use them from my sheet film hanging...

This is a picture I pulled off the Internet, I don't have the actual clips in hand right now because I'm not at home but it's the same stuff, and a pack of 10 or 12 only cost about $10 US so I can't imagine it being much more in Europe.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15/jy7ube7y.jpg

Just Google clothespin with hook

WayneStevenson
15-Apr-2014, 05:55
If you use those binder clips, keep a close eye out for rust.