PDA

View Full Version : LF Gathering: Joshua Tree National Park, CA April 18-20

dperez
1-Apr-2014, 20:32
WHO: Large format photographers

WHAT: Photography gathering: making pictures, telling lies, drinking wine, beer, and/or other fine elixirs.

WHERE: Joshua Tree National Park, CA

WHEN: April 18-20, 2014

OTHER: Bring your own cameras, film, tripods, etc. Make your own food, travel, and sleeping arrangements.

We'll be tent camping in the Jumbo Rocks Campground.

Vaughn
1-Apr-2014, 22:54
Well, I'll be close...but no cigar. Hitting Yosemite at the beginning of the week and in San Clemente for the rest of it.

Have a great time!

Andrew O'Neill
2-Apr-2014, 10:17
I'd love to go! Looks like a really cool place...

Vaughn
2-Apr-2014, 10:23
I'd love to go! Looks like a really cool place...

Except in the summertime!

Two Rocks, Sunset
Joshua Tree National Monument (tho it is a National Park now)
5x7 negative (210mm lens)

Andrew O'Neill
2-Apr-2014, 22:18
Nice!

Bruce Barlow
3-Apr-2014, 04:35
I'm envious. Joshua Tree is gorgeous, and I camped at Jumbo Rocks.

I wish I could be there. Have a great time!

rjphil
3-Apr-2014, 04:41
Joshua Tree, this past January. I love it there.

jp
3-Apr-2014, 06:57
Except in the summertime!

Two Rocks, Sunset
Joshua Tree National Monument (tho it is a National Park now)
5x7 negative (210mm lens)

Very Nice! You'd fit right in on the coast of Maine photographing rocks and sky.

ROL
3-Apr-2014, 18:34
Are you reserving a site? Jumbo is listed as fist come first served. Just a heads up: All campgrounds were full two weekends ago and I suspect that might be the case until it gets hot. I know this because we turned away overflow campers at nearby Joshua Tree Lake Campground, most of whom would not have been pleased to stay there anyway.

dperez
4-Apr-2014, 10:49
I'll be there Friday morning and will reserve a spot. I’ve never had a problem in the past, but if I do I'll find another location; I'm not opposed to camping somewhere else. At the moment I know there will be a minimum of 3-4 people going, as I learn of more, I may try to reserve other sites... We'll see.

I will let people know what site/s I will have reserved that Friday.

-DP

Are you reserving a site? Jumbo is listed as fist come first served. Just a heads up: All campgrounds were full two weekends ago and I suspect that might be the case until it gets hot. I know this because we turned away overflow campers at nearby Joshua Tree Lake Campground, most of whom would not have been pleased to stay there anyway.

matthew blais
4-Apr-2014, 13:24
I'll probably come and hang out...

Dan Dozer
24-Apr-2014, 17:03
Sorry I missed this, but it was my anniversery last weekend and my other half would not have been happy to spend it in JT.

joselsgil
27-Apr-2014, 12:12
How was the turn out for this outing?

Being Easter weekend, Joshua Tree must have been a bit more crowded than a normal weekend.

How was the wind conditions?