PDA

View Full Version : 5x7 Monorail Cameras????

Pawlowski6132
26-Mar-2014, 16:04
I hardly see any of these for sale.

Were these never popular "in the day"?

Ari
26-Mar-2014, 16:14
There's a Toyo 57G for sale right now on the forum.
They're rarer than 4x5 and 8x10, but they do exist.

Tin Can
26-Mar-2014, 16:21
I have wanted a 5x7 Horseman, but only saw it in a catalog and an out of date Japan only ad. Maybe they made 2, I don't know, but I have given up on 5x7 Horseman.

Sinar of course had one, but it had a metering back which made the back heavier and bigger than necessary. So I sold the 5X7 Sinar I had.

I now am satisfied with my several other 5x7 options.

I really like 5X7.

toyotadesigner
26-Mar-2014, 16:25
The problem is the format. You can't get any slide film for this format anymore, so the value for these cameras is close to zero on the market, which means that people who own a 5x7 monorail tend to keep the cameras and use a 4x5 adapter.

Even 4x5 monorails in good condition are rare.

I wouldn't sell my LF cameras either. They are too good to toss them for almost nothing. 1.000 Euro or 1.300 US$ is a bad joke for a precision instrument like an Arca Swiss 4x5 monorail.

Pawlowski6132
26-Mar-2014, 16:32
Yeah Ari, I saw that one.

I have a Omega (Toyo) View 45F rail which I really like: geared, reflex viewer...

I have a Kodak 5x7 field but, rarely leave the house to shoot LF and would like geared movements and a reflex viewer in that format.

Reason being is that I will be losing the ability to enlarge shortly and will only be able to contact print.

evan clarke
26-Mar-2014, 16:39
I have an Arca.. bought it on eBay.

Pawlowski6132
26-Mar-2014, 16:43
I have an Arca.. bought it on eBay.

Can I have it?

Ken Lee
26-Mar-2014, 17:05
You can get a 4x5 Sinar very easily and then get a 5x7 "conversion kit". I have one of these, and they're terrific.

Ari
26-Mar-2014, 17:07
The Toyo Gs do have some geared movements: rise/fall, shift and fine focus.
They are very well-built, and there are lots of parts cheaply available (tho maybe not as much for 5x7).
I used a 45G for a long time, ultimately finding it too large and heavy to suit my way of working (lots of moving about in urban areas), so you may find it ideal if you're only planning on using it at home.
They are incredibly solid and easily repairable as well, and I would put their precision on a par with any Arca Swiss camera.

Vaughn
26-Mar-2014, 17:20
I have a 5x7 Sinar 'Norma' -- have not used it yet, though. Too busy with 8x10 and 11x14.

Jim Andrada
26-Mar-2014, 20:27
I have two Linhof 5 x 7 monorail cameras, both superb, and no you can't have one:<)) Also have a 5 x 7 Agfa - Ansco field camera which you can't have either:<))

I use the Agfa more than the others and they turn up quite often in good condition at reasonable prices. Interestingly enough the Agfa has a longer bellows draw than the Linhof Kardan Master by an inch or two.

And 100 sheets of 5 x 7 Fuji Provia in the freezer and I'm not parting with any of that either!!!!!

It's still possible to get 5 x 7 Provia in Japan, although it's being limited to 1 box to a customer so they must be selling off the last of their stock.

Tin Can
26-Mar-2014, 20:33
Now we are just torturing the OP.
Lets confess, how many 5x7's do we have. All kinds that are not reducing backs, Include studio cameras.

I think I have no more that 5. And that's 5 ready to go. I don't count projects.

Jim Andrada
26-Mar-2014, 20:40
Three 5 x 7's here

Vaughn
26-Mar-2014, 21:06
Only two, the Norma and an Eastman View No.2 -- perhaps two and a half if one includes the Ansco 8x10 with a 5x7 back...but that camera's bellows are shot. And a dozen or so modern film holders.

Paul Ewins
26-Mar-2014, 21:15
Maybe look for a 5x7 conversion kit and then buy a camera to suit. I had one for my Cambo and then when I changed to a Sinar I eventually scored one for that too. Both were actual 5x7 backs and bellows rather than a reduction back for an 8x10.

Darin Boville
26-Mar-2014, 22:28
I have a 5x7 Sinar 'Norma' -- have not used it yet, though. Too busy with 8x10 and 11x14.

You're trying to torture me. I'm looking for a 5x7 Norma... :)

--Darin

andreios
27-Mar-2014, 00:04
I have one too - a Norma that is - and a very very fine camera that is.. And quite portable for a monorail too!

soeren
27-Mar-2014, 00:35
I have one too - a Norma that is - and a very very fine camera that is.. And quite portable for a monorail too!
+1
I find it somewhat heavy though. Havn't tried to fit it in my f-Stop backpack yet.

Steven Tribe
27-Mar-2014, 01:55
As mentioned already, a 5x7 Sinar is easiest (cheapest?) through a very available 8x10 norma with an additional (very well made) 5x7 Sinar reduction back.

Emmanuel BIGLER
27-Mar-2014, 02:39
In Europe the 13x18 cm format was well in use among professionals up to the sixties.
As far as monorail cameras are concerned, Plaubel also had a 13x18. A French friend of mine got one for about 100 euro a few years ago.

And, agreed with Stephen T., the 13x18 / 5x7" Sinar Norma is probably the the easiest to find among European 5x7" monorails. But the aforementioned Plaubel was a real bargain : nobody wanted this kind of camera at the beginning of the 2000s.

The Oschwald brothers had of course a 13x18 - 5x7" monorail camera in their assortment and the 13x18 - 5x7" Arca Swiss F-line series is still listed on the current catalogue.
Both the Arca Swiss Oschwald and current F-line 5x7" cameras or extension kits (bellows + rear 5x7" format frame) are exceedingly rare as second-hand items.

My understanding is that all 13x18 cm - 5x7" cameras made after WW-II share the same "international" standard for attaching film holders; 13x18cm or 5x7" film holders although different inside by a few millimetres, are identical outside, at least they share the same lateral dimensions and shapes required to attach properly.
As for 9x12 cm - 4x5" holders, Linhof classical 13x18 cm holders with the famous pressure plate are much thicker than Fidelity models, but both are supposed fit under the GG spring back safely on various camera models.

jose angel
27-Mar-2014, 02:41
The Normas are lightweight in comparison with usual monorails, but I`d not say they are "portable"... :D

Carsten Wolff
27-Mar-2014, 03:04
The Normas are lightweight in comparison with usual monorails, but I`d not say they are "portable"... :D
I bought an Arca B model about 12 years ago cheap s/h. Very small/light, as far as 5x7s, even most 4x5s would go: Lives in my old Lowepro OmniTrekker carry bag with e.g. w/a leather bellows, Canham panorama back and 4-5 lenses on Linhof boards. I love that thing.

pasiasty
27-Mar-2014, 05:21
How to buy a [put here anything you need for LF, e.g. a 5x7 monorail camera] for reasonable price:
1. be patient and not too choosy; browse through offers here, on APUG, national portals, auction sites, internet second-hand shops and so on
2. if this doesn't work for given time, go to point 1.

I got my 5x7 standard and back for Cambo SC in totally desolated state for next to nought price. Not that I was looking for 5x7, but I kept browsing through Cambo stuff. The seller had two of them and persuaded me to buy both, which was quite a good idea - I managed to make one working, using the other as a donor; and then somebody even bought remaining parts (debris would be the right word), making the whole deal even cheaper. It took next half a year to spot a good deal on a bellows.

How to buy a decent 5x7 camera right now, without much waiting, browsing, dealing and repairing:
1. do a market research
2. buy Chamonix; not a monorail, but AFAIK nobody sells new 5x7 monorails anymore.

koh303
27-Mar-2014, 05:58
Even 4x5 monorails in good condition are rare.

That is just totally NOT true.
There are so many super high quality and perfect shape options to be had for next to nothing on the used market.

As for 5X7 - cambo made a SC 5X7 standard, you can perhaps find them for not too much money when they come up ever so rarely... or try to get one form the factory spare parts.

Bernice Loui
27-Mar-2014, 08:31
There is color film for 5x7 or even 13x18cm..

Cut down 8x10 color film or what ever other film that is larger than 5x7 / 13x18cm.

Film availability for this format is not as much a problem as many might believe. Given the many other advantages of this format, the trade offs are well worth while.

Bernice

The problem is the format. You can't get any slide film for this format anymore, so the value for these cameras is close to zero on the market, which means that people who own a 5x7 monorail tend to keep the cameras and use a 4x5 adapter.

Vaughn
27-Mar-2014, 08:40
You're trying to torture me. I'm looking for a 5x7 Norma... :)

--Darin

It was given to me -- the 5x7 back was homemade, so I am curious to give it a try one of these days.

Bernice Loui
27-Mar-2014, 08:42
My take on 5x7 monorails..

The camera must allow using most any lens with as few limitations as possible. This means a camera system that is expandable with no real limits for bellows length, it must have a shutter to allow using barrel lenses, it must be stable and precise, it must be modular and well built enough to last and be serviceable if needed.

The only camera that easy meets these requirements is a Sinar. Second to this would be a Horseman L series. Been a Sinar user for a lot of years not and not been disappointed in any way. 5x7 / 13 x 18 cm Sinar cameras do appear for sale often enough and they are not that expensive for what they are these days.

I have a 5x7 / 13x18cm Horseman LX that needs a bellows.. It is a rare camera that appeared on ebay Germany, had to have it even if the bellows was missing as these are very rare and the Horseman L system is some what interchangeable with Sinar.

If weight is not really an issue and one does not go back packing or hiking or have the retirement that the camera must be small and light weight as possible, the mono rail camera is a better choice for freedom of lens choices, camera stability and precision.

It is all much a set of trade offs where one must decided what meets their needs best. Once this becomes a well understood requirement, then the choice of camera, lenses and etc becomes much easier to define.

Bernice

Delfi_r
27-Mar-2014, 10:23
How to buy a [put here anything you need for LF, e.g. a 5x7 monorail camera] for reasonable price:
1. be patient and not too choosy; browse through offers here, on APUG, national portals, auction sites, internet second-hand shops and so on
2. if this doesn't work for given time, go to point 1.

How to buy a decent 5x7 camera right now, without much waiting, browsing, dealing and repairing:
1. do a market research
2. buy Chamonix; not a monorail, but AFAIK nobody sells new 5x7 monorails anymore.

Arca-Swiss offers 5X7 monorail cameras, new.

But your advices are right. The first set is great, the second one it's only partial but true in the first clause

koh303
27-Mar-2014, 11:40
Nothing wrong with the HIGHLY versatile, modular and reliable Toyo 5X7 G on sale on the for sale board right now.
Parts are dirt cheap, and plenty of them, heck you can get a 4X5 G for under 150$ for parts...

Francisco J. Fernández
28-Mar-2014, 11:58

I just saw several articles cameras on ebay international ... 5x7 Sinar, Cambo, Linhof, Toyo, Plaubel ... all are monorail.

Under the Toyo brand, I've used all are very good and any of them

Drew Wiley
28-Mar-2014, 12:45
I sure feel stupid for passing up a 5x7 Norma, but the simple fact is, that at my age, I purchased a 4x5 Norma as my old-age " mini-cam", because a 5x7 would be
much harder to squeeze into my pack and quickly pull out to operate, and I've already had my share of bursitis from felling and trees and piling logs. My 8x10 is a folder, so a different story. My big ole external frame packs - true Kelty or Camp Trails - accept a nice plastic kitchen wastebasket - goes right into the top. I just drop my Norma (or formerly, F2 Sinar) right into that thing, 28-inch rail and all. The rail obviously sticks out each side of the top a little. The long bellows, compendium shade, even lens, can all be left right on. Much faster to operate than a folder.

Tin Can
28-Mar-2014, 12:59
Pretty sure we all want a 5X7 Norma!

I would like to touch one first, I did not like my P, everybody has a different opinion. I know Ken Lee carries a 5X7 P and loves it. He even produces wonderful images with it!

gregmo
28-Mar-2014, 13:19
Be patient & keep watching the listings. I picked up my Cambo 5x7 SC a year ago after many months of watching. I prefer the extra film size & rectangular image shape to my Horseman 4x5. It weighs about the same, so transporting is easy in my backpack.

Drew Wiley
28-Mar-2014, 13:19
If I was a 45 year-old teenager, it would be a different story. But I'm not. I need something I'll be able to handle well into old age. And when even the 4x5 Norma gets clumsy, I can use my little 4x5 Ebony folder. But in the meantime, I opt mainly for full 8x10 film because it's much more precisely controllable than either 4x5 or 5x7 when using multiple punch and register techniques for advanced color printing. But if someone is stupid enough to be selling a clean 5x7 Norma on the cheap, I sure as heck won't tell the rest of you about it!

Roger Hesketh
28-Mar-2014, 21:02
I have a 5x7 Linhof Kardan Color. The original one from the late fifties. Which I find a joy to use. They are inexpensive but transportable rather than portable. Rock solid. I have just made a wooden front panel for it to enable me to mount a 16" Wollensak Vitax onto it. The hole in the standard front panel is just too small to allow me mount such a wide lens to it. Such is the precision and quality of it's construction even with such a heavy weight as the Vitax hanging off the front of it their is no discernible movement of the front standard.I also have the 8x10 version of the same camera which I have never used, though I have used bits from the 8x10 camera on the 5x7, they are interchangeable.The 8x10 is just so big and heavy it is difficult to find a way to support it. Some years ago I bought a studio stand to use with it. The column of the stand is 9 foot high which was fine to use in the property in Wales that we had which had high ceilings. I bought the stand . Then my wife was ill so we moved home to our old house, to be closer to hospitals etc, but which only has eight foot ceilings.

Tin Can
28-Mar-2014, 21:20
Those are the very definition of Heavy Duty. I also have both. You need the biggest Linhof tripod, it holds it easily. The rail is heavy chrome steel 50mm. I think the tripod foot is the only weak point and I have seen some for sale without the foot. They also had thin chrome on the rail, I plan to re chrome mine.

Could you show the lens and mount?

I seldom hear or see of another one. I got my 8x10 in USA, But my 5X7 was shipped from UK. They do mix and match well for macro with triple standards.

I have a 5x7 Linhof Kardan Color. The original one from the late fifties. Which I find a joy to use. They are inexpensive but transportable rather than portable. Rock solid. I have just made a wooden front panel for it to enable me to mount a 16" Wollensak Vitax onto it. The hole in the standard front panel is just too small to allow me mount such a wide lens to it. Such is the precision and quality of it's construction even with such a heavy weight as the Vitax hanging off the front of it their is no discernible movement of the front standard.I also have the 8x10 version of the same camera which I have never used, though I have used bits from the 8x10 camera on the 5x7, they are interchangeable.The 8x10 is just so big and heavy it is difficult to find a way to support it. Some years ago I bought a Latif studio stand to use with it. The column of the Latif is 9 foot high which was fine to use in the property in Wales that we had which had high ceilings. I bought the stand . Then my wife was ill so we moved home to our old house, to be closer to hospitals etc, but which only has eight foot ceilings.

Roger Hesketh
28-Mar-2014, 21:57
I did take some digi snaps of my little lad playing with it the other week but for some reason the upload does not want to work. I will try to resize them. Maybe that is the problem.

Roger Hesketh
28-Mar-2014, 22:41
My little lad Martin. I am trying to teach him.

As far as the wooden front goes. It is ply cut to the shape of the front standard. With cut outs for the top and bottom clips. This is attached to a thicker piece of ply which has been shaped to be an interference fit in the internal part of the front standard. It is that good a fit that the front panel with lens attached will actually stay there without further support but you will notice I have used the compendium bellows lens hood to secure it in place. I think the main problem with mounting the 8x10 has been twist at the tripod mount. Now I cannot afford a panoramic tilting mount for it . They are about £120 so I have made my own as you can see using an old Linhof pan tilt head that I had. To that is bolted a piece of timber. the camera tripod mount is bolted to the timber and some pipe clamps also attached to the timber prevent the camera twisting.the camera is sitting on a twin shank Linhof tripod. Randy I am glad to hear you say that a large Linhof tripod will support 8x10 maybe now I have sorted the twisting problem it will fine for 8x10 use . The lens is obviously for 8x10 use but I do not have another 8x10 camera that is heavy enough to support the lens. Coincidentally if you look to the bottom left of the second picture you will see a 5x7 Technika II similar to yours. We would appear to have similar taste in cameras.

Tin Can
28-Mar-2014, 22:53
I didn't notice the 5X7 Technika in the corner. I like sturdy cameras. Those Sinar are just too wiggly for me.

The pan tilt is nice, I have a fairly complete 50's Linhof Color Kardan setup with the huge tripod and the matching dolly.

When I was in a wheelchair I used the 8x10 on the tripod to pull myself up off my bed and into the chair. Gave me something to wake up to and I enjoyed simply having it close.

Gotta have something to get you going in the morning.

I have the catalog and I simply drool over the Gigant studio stand. But they had electric motors that must have burned out and that was it for a huge stand. In the picture that's an 8X10 swinging in the breeze.

My little lad Martin. I am trying to teach him.

As far as the wooden front goes. It is ply cut to the shape of the front standard. With cut outs for the top and bottom clips. This is attached to a thicker piece of ply which has been shaped to be an interference fit in the internal part of the front standard. It is that good a fit that the front panel with lens attached will actually stay there without further support but you will notice I have used the compendium bellows lens hood to secure it in place. I think the main problem with mounting the 8x10 has been twist at the tripod mount. Now I cannot afford a panoramic tilting mount for it . They are about £120 so I have made my own as you can see using an old Linhof pan tilt head that I had. To that is bolted a piece of timber. the camera tripod mount is bolted to the timber and some pipe clamps also attached to the timber prevent the camera twisting.the camera is sitting on a twin shank linhof tripod. Randy I am glad to hear you say that a large Linhof tripod will support 8x10 maybe now I have sorted the twisting problem it will fine for 8x10 use . The lens is obviously for 8x10 use but I do not have another 8x10 camera that is heavy enough to support the lens. Coincidentally if you look to the bottom left of the second picture you will see a 5x7 Technika II similar to yours. We would appear to have similar taste in cameras.

Roger Hesketh
28-Mar-2014, 23:19
The studio stand I have has a similar base with a long column with a boom coming off it. That Gigant stand was $1500 in 1957 so I do not imagine they sold many. The 5x7 camera was $425. I paid £32 for mine and £40 for the 8x10. I have a fairly complete set up too. I also have an 8x10 to 5x7 reducing back and a 5x7 to 4x5 reducing back. I made a discovery the other day which surprised me. It seems it is possible to achieve infinity focus with a 47mm lens if you put the standards together rather than either side of the tripod mount.

Leonard Robertson
29-Mar-2014, 08:00
Roger & Randy - I'm glad you weren't posting about your Monster Linhofs 10 days or so ago. On March 20 a disassembled one that looked pretty complete sold on eBay for about $240 with the shipping. It was all I could do to not bid, but I managed to restrain myself. Probably would have been outbid anyway (I keep telling myself). I know I don't NEED a huge Linhof, but that doesn't mean I don't WANT one (and have for 50 years). But passing up this one doesn't mean I'm entirely safe. Another could come along when I have less willpower. I certainly enjoy reading that you guys own and enjoy using yours. Over the years I've wondered if any of these were still in use anywhere.

Len

joselsgil
29-Mar-2014, 20:54
I have a Burke and James Saturn 75 monorail camera. I am not crazy about the square rail, but it is not too heavy of a camera. It is made of wood and metal with real nice bellows, which I am sure replaced the original bellows.

I had it for sale on this forum a while back and no one was interested in it, so I decided to keep it.

Jose

Tin Can
29-Mar-2014, 21:28
Those are nice, they have the aluminum B&J GG frame which never breaks or wears out. It will last forever. It's really nice with the original folding hood, so you don't need a dark cloth. Very underappreciated.

Actually not worth selling.

I have a Burke and James Saturn 75 monorail camera. I am not crazy about the square rail, but it is not too heavy of a camera. It is made of wood and metal with real nice bellows, which I am sure replaced the original bellows.

I had it for sale on this forum a while back and no one was interested in it, so I decided to keep it.

Jose

koh303
30-Mar-2014, 07:32
Just saw a dirt cheap color kardan on the bay... 5X7 monorail...

Ben Calwell
30-Mar-2014, 08:06
I have a 5x7 Linhof Technica that I really like. Heavy, but bullet proof.

Roger Hesketh
30-Mar-2014, 10:37
Just saw a dirt cheap color kardan on the bay... 5X7 monorail...

It has the wide angle front panel on it which will allow the use of lenses as short as 47mm. It takes 5x7 Technika boards which are mind blowingly expensive. Genuine ones $179 each the last time I looked, but can easily made from 2mm thick aluminium sheet. They are 129mm square.

Tin Can
30-Mar-2014, 10:47
That one been for sale a long time. It has the really beautiful OE bellows. Very similar to mine. I also have a bitza, where it has several different factory paint jobs. Adorama had a few nice spare standards.

It's definitely a studio camera or hire Sherpas to carry it up the mountain.

No wiggles or tremors!

It has the wide angle front panel on it which will allow the use of lenses as short as 47mm. It takes 5x7 Technika boards which are mind blowingly expensive. Genuine ones $179 each the last time I looked, but can easily made from 2mm thick aluminium sheet. They are 129mm square.

koh303
30-Mar-2014, 11:25

Its good that there are so many chinese knock offs of these boards for a penny a piece.

William Whitaker
30-Mar-2014, 13:22
Its good that there are so many chinese knock offs of these boards for a penny a piece.

5x7??

Tin Can
30-Mar-2014, 13:29
I've never seen one. Homemade yes, but not import.

5X7 is different.

5x7??

soeren
30-Mar-2014, 23:43
How about an adapterplate? I have a Linhof technika 4X5 adapterplate for my Sinar. Or maybe the 5X7 kardans are to rare.
Best regards

Roger Hesketh
31-Mar-2014, 03:40
How about an adapterplate? I have a Linhof technika 4X5 adapterplate for my Sinar. Or maybe the 5X7 kardans are to rare.
Best regards

Adapter plates do appear to be quite readily available from 5x7 Technika which is the size the old Kardan Colors take to 4x5 Technika size. However they are really rather expensive about £120 and they are only really useful IMHO if you have another camera that takes 4x5 Technika size boards. I don't. The 5x7 boards being as they are just a flat piece of square aluminium are so easy to make it is better just to use them. I recently had 5 5x7 Technika boards and 5 5x7 Technika II boards, which are a different size again,cut for me for just £10. £1 each. Far cheaper than any Chinese 4x5 Technika board.

Another benefit for me of using the 5x7 Technika boards is I have adapted a 3x4 Speed Graphic body to become a multi speed roller blind shutter mounted, not permanently, it detaches like a lens board, onto the front standard of a Whole Plate Thornton Pickard Field Camera. The 5x7 Technika boards are a perfect fit within the Speed Graphic body. That good a fit they could have been specially made for the job. Mounting lenses like that within the SG body adds only a little over an inch extension over the original arrangement. The camera has an Eastman kodak WP spring back. I have recently made reducing backs for it to 5x7 and to 4x5 Graflok. I hope to soon complete a 5x8 back for it and the intention is it will become my go to Field camera replacing my 5x7 Gandolfi which I will save for best.

koh303
8-Apr-2014, 06:20
just came across this B&J 5X7:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-1964-BURKE-JAMES-GROVER-MONORAIL-CAMERA-CARL-ZEISS-JENA-LENS-BOX-/281173938172?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item417745cffc

Jim Jones
8-Apr-2014, 07:23
The B&J 5x7 monorail cited above (and other similar B&J cameras) lack the precision and elegance of a Sinar or Linhof, but they serve well enough to hold a lens at one end in proper relation to the film at the other end. They are also durable, inexpensive, and, in America, fairly plentiful. Mine cost less than $100 years ago, but without a usable back. Adapting a Graflok back was easy. There are plenty of backs, lens boards, and other parts for B&J.

Roger Hesketh
8-Apr-2014, 08:07
Two hours since the first post about that camera and I am surprised nobody has bought it yet. l would have thought the lens that is on it was worth more than they are asking for the outfit.

koh303
10-Apr-2014, 18:31
That B&J is gone, and now this one which i have been coveting for a short while just had a huge price drop:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYO-VIEW-45G-black-Large-Format-5x7-Studio-Camera-EXC-condition-from-japan/231201791174?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222005%26algo%3DSIC.PROD%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D21399%26meid%3D6117106139345768914%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9407%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D141248664387

There is someone here selling his for the same price on the for sale thread, and its in nicer shape, man can someone buy this so i dont have to..?

hiend61
15-Apr-2014, 11:11

They were very popular in Europe until the mid 90´s among advertising and art reproduction photographers.
You can see some Sinar P, P2 or F2 5x7 cameras at ebay from time to time at very attractive prices. Get one and be happy.

Inayat Noor
22-Apr-2014, 11:17
That B&J is gone, and now this one which i have been coveting for a short while just had a huge price drop:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYO-VIEW-45...3D141248664387

There is someone here selling his for the same price on the for sale thread, and its in nicer shape, man can someone buy this so i dont have to..?

I made three requests to find out if this is indeed a 57, not a 45. I couldn't get an answer which made me confident. A while back there was a grey Toyo listed as a 57 but stated only a 45 back came with it, not a 57 back.