PDA

View Full Version : Graflex Grafmatic repair

geopadi
26-Mar-2014, 15:43
Does anyone know of someone in the UK who can repair a Graflex grafmatic back model 1268 for grafloc.
It was working fine until recently the shouldered set screw holding the lock sheared off, fortunately I rescued the little ball bearing and spring for the 3 stop positions but I need a new set screw and the threaded hole needs retapping to accept it.
Also unfortunately in my examination and disassembly it is not working properly ie. the whole drawer will not slide back in properly, the dark slide operation is still OK.
So rather than make things worse I would like to defer to someone with experience and have the job done properly.
Hope someone out there in UK can help!

George

Brian C. Miller
27-Mar-2014, 07:04
What about a clock repair shop? They deal with small stuff like that all the time.

dsphotog
27-Mar-2014, 10:20
Take a look at www.graflex.org

geopadi
27-Mar-2014, 11:31
What about a clock repair shop? They deal with small stuff like that all the time.

I have managed to fix the drawer sliding in problem , it was the metal strip which holds the felt light trap which I had re-glued in slightly the wrong position to one side, so at least it is working properly now - albeit without the locking wheel.
However it would still be good to know of an expert in the UK

Cheers

toolbox
27-Mar-2014, 13:00
If you search around enough, I know there's a service manual PDF available for the Grafmatic...maybe at soutbristolviews...

geopadi
27-Mar-2014, 14:02
Thanks, I got the manual at www.southbristolviews.com

Cheers