PDA

View Full Version : Interesting curiosity: 8x10 camera for(I think) lenticular autostereo

Dan Fromm
25-Mar-2014, 06:36
Not mine and I'm not chasing it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WT-102-MULTI-DIMENSION-CAMERA-8x10-inch-VIEWCAMERA-3D-8x10-linhof-sinar-cambo-/121303559434

DrTang
25-Mar-2014, 08:18
years and years ago..I bought out the photo stuff from a large 3-D lenticular studio/producer for commercial /advertising use

they didn't use a camera like that..I think they did it all with moving the camera on a track and 4 seperate shots

The guy I bought it from said all his lenses were specially hand selected by Kodak engineers (at the time ) for fidelity

I filled up two storage units with stuff

I still have some C-stands and a couple hot lights from all that...but man..I wish I had been able to keep some of those lenses - the cameras were 11x14 so the lenses were all pretty big...Huge WFE, and Schneiders and I forget what else
I wasn't into LF then though

that's my lenticular camera story

DurbinLewisLtd
6-Apr-2014, 13:17
Hello,

(New member)

I was the winning bidder on this camera. I'm a student at the Royal College of Art, who is researching sculpture in the photographic space. I've using large format for just over a year, mostly 10x8.

Really hoping to use this camera to produce some interesting works.

Anybody with any tips or advice for this camera or working with lenticular in general it would be very welcome. Were lenticulars usually produced on 10x8's?

John

Dan Fromm
6-Apr-2014, 15:10
If you ask Google to search for "lenticular stereo" it will return > 3k links

dsphotog
6-Apr-2014, 15:52
Wasn't that the 3-D process used by ill-fated 4 lens 35mm Nishika camera?

HarveyJ
5-Jan-2015, 15:26
Hello,

(New member)

I was the winning bidder on this camera. I'm a student at the Royal College of Art, who is researching sculpture in the photographic space. I've using large format for just over a year, mostly 10x8.

Really hoping to use this camera to produce some interesting works.

Anybody with any tips or advice for this camera or working with lenticular in general it would be very welcome. Were lenticulars usually produced on 10x8's?

John

Hi John,

I can give you some advice for lenticular. I haven't used this type of camera before but I can help you out with the general principles and ideas.

Cheers,
Harvey