PDA

View Full Version : Difference between ? Linhof Technika lens boards ?

Ron Bose
23-Mar-2014, 16:02
Like many, I have standardized on Linhof Technika lens boards.

My Canham Traditional front standard takes them, my Technikardan 45s takes them and I have a Sinar to Linhof adapter created by SK Grimes.

All but one of my Linhof boards fit my adapter board, except one which is too thick? What's the deal here, are there two or more types ?

Thanks,
Ron

Alan Gales
23-Mar-2014, 16:09
From my understanding Linhof Technika style boards made by other manufacturers are not built to the same tolerances as original Linhof boards made by Linhof.

There are probably slight differences in the after market boards made by different manufacturers also.

Ron Bose
23-Mar-2014, 17:11
The ones I'm referring to are all Linhof badged. I know that the Wista, Toyo and Nikon ones usually don't have the off centre holes amongst other things.

I'm interested in Linhof boards :)

Alan Gales
23-Mar-2014, 17:34
The ones I'm referring to are all Linhof badged. I know that the Wista, Toyo and Nikon ones usually don't have the off centre holes amongst other things.

I'm interested in Linhof boards :)

That seems strange. I thought all the Linhof badged boards were the same.

Ron Bose
23-Mar-2014, 17:45
Me too !

Alan Gales
23-Mar-2014, 17:56
You could call Bob Salomon at HP Marketing 800-735-4373.

Bob is a member here and an expert on Linhof. He's a really nice fellow too.

Bob Salomon
24-Mar-2014, 02:56
You could have a z board which has the whole in a different place, or a recessed board but Linhof does not make thicker and thinner boards. All boards since they introduced the IV are the same other then some CNC differences on boards made in the past 10 years, or so. If you have one that won't latch closed then you have to scrape the long edges with a butter knife as that board is made for the newer cameras.

Ron Bose
24-Mar-2014, 20:04
Thanks Bob, I shall take a closer look and possibly post some images ...