PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika Bellows in Canada

William D. Lester
13-Mar-2014, 14:19
Can anyone tell me where I might get the bellows replaced on my Super Technika V in Canada? My camera was manufactured in 1972 and while there is not a problem with the bellows yet, it has occurred to me that after 42 years, it might be a good thing to get done in the way of maintenance before a problem occurs.

adelorenzo
13-Mar-2014, 15:41
KHB Photographifix is in Mississauga and their website says they do Linhof service. I have bought darkroom items from them but never used their service department, although I do remember reading some unkind words about them somewhere.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

You could also try Camtech in Hamilton. Again no experience but I have seen people recommend them.

http://camtechphoto.com/

I am sure others will chime in on this thread as well.

Bob Salomon
13-Mar-2014, 15:41
Blazes in Toronto is the Linhof distributor and service center for Canada.

David Swinnard
13-Mar-2014, 15:54
When I needed new ones for my Technika V I got replacements from Custom Bellows in the UK (info@custombellows.co.uk). They were perfect, in stock, and reasonable (that's a relative term...)

Vick Ko
14-Mar-2014, 05:45
Yep, Blazes in TO is the official support for Linhof.

If you want to do it yourself, buy the bellows from Custom Bellows. There was some 'net-lore that they are the OEM manufacturers for the Linhof bellows.

I have read some 'net-lore that the Chinese bellows found on ebay are suitable.

Good luck

Cor
17-Mar-2014, 03:45
I was very happy with Rudy from ecbuyonline (via eBay) prise wise very competitive, probably the real thing fits perfect, mine (on a Tech IV) fitted fine but the price cannot be beat by Linhof, and thusfar the bellows are still functioning perfectly

Best,

Cor

William D. Lester
18-Mar-2014, 12:38
Thanks all. I have been in touch with Blazes and am awaiting some additional pricing from them. A question I have sent them but not received a response as yet is if there is a replacement leather for the focusing hood. Would anyone be able to answer that? These cameras are excellent pieces of equipment and it seems a shame not to maintain them. I have seen the instructions for do it yourself bellows replacement. Not sure I would tackle that myself but maybe anyone who has tried it could let me know if it is difficult.

Thanks