PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Ektascan B/RA - where get it in EU ?

ostrygad
10-Mar-2014, 02:39
Hi

I`m looking for single coated Kodak Ektascan B/RA 8x10 sheet film. I know where buy it in U.S but still no idea where get it in European Union...Will be thankful for recomendation EU web-stores.

thanks
Jacob

angusparker
10-Mar-2014, 15:11
Carestream Health Inc is the company that makes it under license from Kodak. Here are the EU contact details: http://www.carestream.com/ww-contact.html#/Europe

It's a great film for B&W - nice and sharp and fairly easy to handle under a red light. I scratched the emulsion quite a lot trying to do everything in a Harrison tent before I switched over to red light in the open. 8x10 seems fairly easy to obtain - any other size seems to be something of a special order and in larger quantities. Got 500 sheets of 14x17 coming my way in a month or two!

ostrygad
11-Mar-2014, 14:09
...thank you for a sight. Today i was talking with Polish Carestream sale manager - no chance to buy single box in Poland...minimal dose is 5 packs :/ But i found Kodak Ektascan in US and i can buy it on line. Store can ship it to Poland but there is one issue - what happened if parcel with film will be x-rayed on polish border ? I think it could destroy film, but maybe im wrong...Any advise ?

angusparker
11-Mar-2014, 16:18
...thank you for a sight. Today i was talking with Polish Carestream sale manager - no chance to buy single box in Poland...minimal dose is 5 packs :/ But i found Kodak Ektascan in US and i can buy it on line. Store can ship it to Poland but there is one issue - what happened if parcel with film will be x-rayed on polish border ? I think it could destroy film, but maybe im wrong...Any advise ?

It will be fine. X-ray film actual isn't responsive to X-rays! The X-rays hit a phosphorus plate that glows which exposes the film. Ektascan actually is used on CRTs I think.

ostrygad
12-Mar-2014, 00:52
Anybody share that opinion? I don't want lose full box of film...

angusparker
13-Mar-2014, 00:16
Anybody share that opinion? I don't want lose full box of film...

I guess the other thing to say is the chance your package is xrayed is very small.......

trundrumbalind
26-Apr-2014, 14:54
Carestream Health Inc is the company that makes it under license from Kodak. Here are the EU contact details: http://www.carestream.com/ww-contact.html#/Europe

It's a great film for B&W - nice and sharp and fairly easy to handle under a red light. I scratched the emulsion quite a lot trying to do everything in a Harrison tent before I switched over to red light in the open. 8x10 seems fairly easy to obtain - any other size seems to be something of a special order and in larger quantities. Got 500 sheets of 14x17 coming my way in a month or two!

Hello! where did you get the 500 sheet package and how much did you pay for it?

mollypix
5-Mar-2015, 06:26
Does anybody have any Kodak Ektascan B/RA for sale
in 14x17
Thanks

angusparker
5-Mar-2015, 08:02
Links here on where to purchase: http://www.angusparkerphoto.com/blog/2014/6/kodak-ektascan-b/ra-film-review

ndg
5-Mar-2015, 08:08
Angus, I have been trying to get some 14x17 Kodak Ektascan B/RA from Michael at JQLW online for weeks now. He is not getting any positive response from Kodak. His impression is that Kodak may not be producing the 14x17 anymore since the demand for that size is so low.

Links here on where to purchase: http://www.angusparkerphoto.com/blog/2014/6/kodak-ektascan-b/ra-film-review

angusparker
5-Mar-2015, 09:29
Angus, I have been trying to get some 14x17 Kodak Ektascan B/RA from Michael at JQLW online for weeks now. He is not getting any positive response from Kodak. His impression is that Kodak may not be producing the 14x17 anymore since the demand for that size is so low.

Good to know. I figured that might happen....8x10 still available I presume?

ndg
5-Mar-2015, 10:01
Yea. Z&Z Medical still carries it. JQLW does not hold 8x10s in stock.

Good to know. I figured that might happen....8x10 still available I presume?

trundrumbalind
6-Mar-2015, 20:05
I spoke with the folks at Kodak Carestream in Mexico (I'm from Mexico). 14x17 Ektascan is most definitely in stock and they don't seem to think that will change soon. I can get 100 sheet boxes from one of their dealers in Mexico but it's VERY expensive. $320 per box I think... If anyone's interested in buying some, let me know.

Tin Can
6-Mar-2015, 20:28
I spoke with the folks at Kodak Carestream in Mexico (I'm from Mexico). 14x17 Ektascan is most definitely in stock and they don't seem to think that will change soon. I can get 100 sheet boxes from one of their dealers in Mexico but it's VERY expensive. $320 per box I think... If anyone's interested in buying some, let me know.

Mexico most likely is not going digital as fast as USA.

Ask how much by the case, which is 5 boxes of 100 sheets, total of 500 sheets.
I would want to buy some, preferably cheaper than that...

UlbabraB
7-Mar-2015, 00:19
I'm interested too if someone would be so kind to ship a pack to Europe :-)

Domingo A. Siliceo
7-Mar-2015, 02:32

Filippo, did you try Carestream italian contact (http://www.carestream.com/ww-contact.html#/Europe/Italy?cat=Non-Destructive_Testing)? I think prefix phone number "39" belongs to Italy...

stiganas
7-Mar-2015, 05:27
I contacted the distributor in my country, Romania. It was very helpful. The B/RA is not on the usual film list, only special order 5packs/box and only in 8x10 size, (I didn't ask but for sure it was the same for 14x17). The price was more than US but still acceptable.

Otherwise none of the usual inch size films are available, only european sizes (13x18, 18x24, etc) with good prices. This is the reason I bought 13x18/18x24 holders.

In Romania (and very probable in other EU countries) they sell only to companies not to individuals.

trundrumbalind
7-Mar-2015, 17:24
Mexico most likely is not going digital as fast as USA.
Ask how much by the case, which is 5 boxes of 100 sheets, total of 500 sheets.
I would want to buy some, preferably cheaper than that...

That's probably true, but they say it's in stock everywhere. It's just that Kodak's not dealing with small companies anymore, and big companies don't usually sell X-Ray film, but use it instead... so that's probably why it's unavailable in the states now.
Carestream claims to sell 14x17" Ektascan to 35 companies in Mexico, and only on of those is an official carestream dealer, the rest use it for their own purposes.

I just sent an e-mail to this company asking for the price of the 500 sheet box, I'll let you know if it's proportionally cheaper than the 100 sheet box.

I'll gladly send a box to Europe, but I'm guessing shipping will be pretty expensive.