PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Rapid Color Processor Model 30

Joe Ortola
7-Mar-2014, 23:32
I posted this thread under "Darkroom Equipment" but maybe it is better suited under for "Darkroom Processing, etc."

Hello,
I recently acquired a Kodak Rapid Color Processor Model 30. It is a little beat up and probably needs an overhaul. It is something that I am not familiar with but what is unique about it is that it can process prints in a drum up to 30 x 40 inches. It is like a mid 60's version of a Jobo processor but without many "bells and whistles".
Is there anybody here on the forum that may be familiar with this processor and that may have an instruction manual? What might be some of the pitfalls with this processor? I was not able to find any information online for the processor other than that is was replaced by a Model 30A. I do not know the distinction between the two models.
If there is anybody that has any information on this processor, I would sure like to know about it.
Thanks,
Joe

marfa boomboom tx
17-Mar-2014, 11:55
I posted this thread under "Darkroom Equipment" but maybe it is better suited under for "Darkroom Processing, etc."

Hello,
I recently acquired a Kodak Rapid Color Processor Model 30. It is a little beat up and probably needs an overhaul. It is something that I am not familiar with but what is unique about it is that it can process prints in a drum up to 30 x 40 inches. It is like a mid 60's version of a Jobo processor but without many "bells and whistles".
Is there anybody here on the forum that may be familiar with this processor and that may have an instruction manual? What might be some of the pitfalls with this processor? I was not able to find any information online for the processor other than that is was replaced by a Model 30A. I do not know the distinction between the two models.
If there is anybody that has any information on this processor, I would sure like to know about it.
Thanks,
Joe

see this: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j39/j39.pdf

the diff between the 30 and the 11, 16 is wash method and time. J39 specifies differences.

rl

Joe Ortola
25-Jun-2014, 02:00
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.
Joe