PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Rapid Color Processor Model 30

Joe Ortola
7-Mar-2014, 23:28
Hello,
I recently acquired a Kodak Rapid Color Processor Model 30. It is a little beat up and probably needs an overhaul. It is something that I am not familiar with but what is unique about it is that it can process prints in a drum up to 30 x 40 inches. It is like a mid 60's version of a Jobo processor but without many "bells and whistles".
Is there anybody here on the forum that may be familiar with this processor and that may have an instruction manual? What might be some of the pitfalls with this processor? I was not able to find any information online for the processor other than that is was replaced by a Model 30A. I do not know the distinction between the two models.
If there is anybody that has any information on this processor, I would sure like to know about it.
Thanks,
Joe

jan staller
24-Jun-2014, 19:12
Joe- I just came across your March post. I have used the Model 30 processor from about 1985 until last year. Your are right about the Jobo comparison except for the print size. The temperature regulation was actually quite
sophisticated. The various pumps and motors are subject to failure and for a long time Kodak had the parts but by the late 90's they must have thrown them in a dumpster.I have had to make parts or adapt various pumps to continue using the machine. But it is unmatched in the capability of making large prints without a continuous processor and all of those problems. Kodak still provide the processing data but paper is hard to get. I think I can find a manual but I'd like to get $25.00 for the search in my darkroom. Are you going to use it? I'd like to sell my machine, but no one knows what it is. Your posting was the first time in years anything came up on google about the subject.