PDA

View Full Version : Scanning mounting fluid suppliers in Australia?

shannaford
7-Mar-2014, 02:40
Hi all, has anyone found a good supplier for scanner wet mounting fluid in Australia, that doesn't involve shipping the stuff in from OS? Not too fussed about brand, just don't want to pay hundreds for a litre of the stuff!
Also, if anyone's used zippo fluid as an alternative, what do you use for clean-up? Does it eat your negs?
Thanks,
Scott

Light Guru
7-Mar-2014, 16:48
Hi all, has anyone found a good supplier for scanner wet mounting fluid in Australia, that doesn't involve shipping the stuff in from OS? Not too fussed about brand, just don't want to pay hundreds for a litre of the stuff!
Also, if anyone's used zippo fluid as an alternative, what do you use for clean-up? Does it eat your negs?
Thanks,
Scott

Is there a specific type of wet mount fluid you are looking for? Many people use mineral oil or even lighter fluid with great results. Both should be easy to obtain. Just re wash your negatives once your done scanning.

shannaford
7-Mar-2014, 18:27
Is there a specific type of wet mount fluid you are looking for? Many people use mineral oil or even lighter fluid with great results. Both should be easy to obtain. Just re wash your negatives once your done scanning.

Thanks LG, that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to, I'll give Shellite a go (Australian name for naptha) but I'd be interested to hear what you clean up with afterwards. I'm using the betterscanning holder which I can't recommend highly enough, if using an Epson v700.

Light Guru
8-Mar-2014, 08:20
I'd be interested to hear what you clean up with afterwards.

Just wash them the same way you wash them after development.

Daniel Stone
8-Mar-2014, 10:02
have you talked with Aztek about cost of shipping a case down to you in Oz?

http://store.aztek.com/servlet/-strse-234/Kami-%28a%29-SMF2001-Scanner/Detail

-Dan