PDA

View Full Version : sinar standard bearer f2 - spare parts?

lbenac
2-Mar-2014, 10:03
Hello,
This is what happen when you are in the middle of setting up a shot and you get distracted by others.
I overtightened the rear standard bearer of my f2.
There seems to be a small spring in the bearer that allow the large screw at the bottom to tighten the part around the rail.
This spring broke and now the knob is just loose i.e. you can trun it all you want it will not work.
Does anybody has any idea where I could find a replacement spring or if not a replacement bearer.
It gal me to have to purchase a whole rear standard bearer...

Cheers,

Luc

Leonard Robertson
2-Mar-2014, 11:49
See my post #8 in this thread:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?95425-Sinar-Parts-Unavailability-F-P-F1-P2-Solutions

Since I posted that I did email Foto Care in NY, but I haven't received a reply. It is possible they replied and it was blocked by my ISP spam filter. You can try contacting them or any/all of the others on that list. If you do find a Sinar parts source, please post it for the rest of us.

Len

lbenac
3-Mar-2014, 08:00
Thanks for the link Len.
I look at the part some more and it looks like the brass ring that hold the screw is also worn out.
I took the plunge and bought a rear standard on ebay.
My thinking is that even if the parts are available through a retail channel, by the time I can get them it will likely cost more.

Cheers,

Luc