PDA

View Full Version : Linhof technika lens compendium --fit my ST V 5x7?

newsbabe
27-Feb-2014, 05:42
I can't seem to get a straight answer from vendors, and would like to know for sure before plunking $800.

it's this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/31037-REG/Linhof_001926_Compendium_Lens_Hood.html

thx

Renato Tonelli
27-Feb-2014, 07:31
I have the same question. This is what I have discovered so far: It will fit with the shoe adapter and rod, as supplied with the Compendium; it also comes with a short and longer rod. The camera (I am assuming you are talking about an Ebony 5x7) has a shoe adapter on top of the front standard - The problem might be the weight of the compendium - I don't know if this will compromise the stability of the front standard...

On Ebay I have seen a "Linhof type" Compendium from China but there is no mention as to what it is supplied with for mounting on a camera.

Perhaps someone on the Forum will have an answer based on first-hand experience.

Bob Salomon
27-Feb-2014, 07:33
Yes, as long as you buy the compendium for the Master Technika the mounting for it is identical on the 5x7 V. It plugs into the two holes on the top of the front standard.

Bob Salomon
27-Feb-2014, 07:34
Renato,

Have you found a solution to your question?

I will be back in the office after 12 if you want to talk about it.

Renato Tonelli
27-Feb-2014, 08:17
Renato,

Have you found a solution to your question?

I will be back in the office after 12 if you want to talk about it.

Yes, as suggested by you - thank you.