PDA

View Full Version : Drum scanners

gmed
24-Feb-2014, 00:08
Any desktop drum scanners being made these days?

All the ones I are that I find are really expensive and not for personal use such as ICD.

Am I limited to used scanners?

Bruce Watson
24-Feb-2014, 06:44
Any desktop drum scanners being made these days?

There are a couple of manufacturers still making and selling new drum scanners. Aztek in California, USA. ICG in England. Screen in Japan may or may not still be in the business. And... that's it.

New drum scanners were never cheap, and they aren't now. Used drum scanners used to be quite rare until the bottom fell out of the analog photography market in the mid-late 1990s. Ever since then the joint's been hip deep in used drum scanners. Some serious good deals -- if, IF, you know what you're doing and you're willing to maintain the scanner yourself.

gmed
24-Feb-2014, 08:33
Aztek's website doesn't show any scanners, only support. Could they have stopped selling?

jumanji
24-Feb-2014, 09:35
Here you go: http://www.aztek.com/scanners_main.html

gmed
24-Feb-2014, 21:35
Thank you. I saw that but wasn't sure if they are currently selling it since there is no price. I'll hVe to contact them.

gmed
24-Feb-2014, 22:37
Any idea how
Much the Premier is new?

gmed
25-Feb-2014, 12:50
As of right now, not being made.

Daniel Stone
25-Feb-2014, 16:09
gmed,

Aztek said they're not making any new scanners? That's kinda hard to believe. Not impossible, but still, hard to believe?

gmed
25-Feb-2014, 16:50
Yes. I talked to them today
They stopped one year ago. Theyay start in the future but for now not selling them. Has to do with contractors going under.