PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Grafmatic?

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 08:12
I'm looking to move up from 4x5 to 8x10.

But I almost exclusively use Grafmatic's for shooting as I'm a hiker camper, and I'll be getting a "light weight" (under 10lb) 8x10, and would like to save space and weight, but did they ever make a Grafmatic style 8x10? Or Kinematic (spelling?).

I know many like to push/pull or +/-N systems so might not want a group holder, but I would think one might exist.

I would also CONSIDER a 5x7 system instead if they made a grafmatic for that.

Thanks!

dsphotog
20-Feb-2014, 08:20
Graflex did make 5x7 "Bag Mags" A kinda primitive Grafmatic.

djdister
20-Feb-2014, 08:54
Graflex did make 5x7 "Bag Mags" A kinda primitive Grafmatic.

Yep, they look like this and I have one. Unfortunately I'm not willing to part with it (it "goes with" my 5x7 Graflex Series B camera). The auction site currently has a listing for a "Fairchild Aerotype 5x7 Bag Magazine for Sheet Film - Military - Folmer Graflex" that might work if you can adapt it to a 5x7 reducing back.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 09:14
Thanks guys, I suppose that's really the only option? Any reason one was never made? Is it just what I mentioned about 8x10 shooters adjusting for zones too much? It simply cost/sales numbers?

blueribbontea
20-Feb-2014, 09:19
Since Graflex was the manufacturer and they didn't make an 8X10 Graflex SLR or Graphic, there was no incentive. I suspect the reason there is no 5X7 Grafmatic is that the 5X7 cameras were discontinued before the development of the Grafmatic. The bagmags work very well when the septums are in good condition. I have 2 4X5s for my Graflex.

Bill

Ari
20-Feb-2014, 09:23
I'm looking to move up from 4x5 to 8x10.

But I almost exclusively use Grafmatic's for shooting as I'm a hiker camper, and I'll be getting a "light weight" (under 10lb) 8x10, and would like to save space and weight, but did they ever make a Grafmatic style 8x10? Or Kinematic (spelling?).

No; for 8x10 you're stuck with film holders, and it's probably a good thing.
Given the mechanism of a Grafmatic, which can be problematic, I'd think an 8x10 size would be very heavy and very prone to jamming.
And quite possibly introduce film plane problems.
Just my own speculation.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 09:27
No; for 8x10 you're stuck with film holders, and it's probably a good thing.
Given the mechanism of a Grafmatic, which can be problematic, I'd think an 8x10 size would be very heavy and very prone to jamming.
And quite possibly introduce film plane problems.
Just my own speculation.

Do you use them yourself? I've never had any issues with mine, jamming or otherwise that wasn't user error, and the only film that's ever fallen out was in a fidelity holder. AFAIK the grafmatic holders are supposed to have BETTER film flatness than traditional holders.

Anyway thanks guys.

jp
20-Feb-2014, 09:30
The bagmag would be for a 5x7 graflex, not any old 5x7 camera as it looks like it is compatible with slotted film holders (which are held in place like a lens board)

An 8x10 grafmatic is a superb idea that would probably be a PITA to fabricate. I'm betting back in the day, 8x10 would have been more for portrait/commerical work where simplicity and ease of loading/unloading is more important than space saving or speed.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 09:32
The bagmag would be for a 5x7 graflex, not any old 5x7 camera as it looks like it is compatible with slotted film holders (which are held in place like a lens board)

An 8x10 grafmatic is a superb idea that would probably be a PITA to fabricate. I'm betting back in the day, 8x10 would have been more for portrait/commerical work where simplicity and ease of loading/unloading is more important than space saving or speed.

Good point, but I bet AA would have re-designed the zone system just to use them on his trips! Haha

Maybe not, he probably used mules...

dsphotog
20-Feb-2014, 12:03
I think Grafmatics & Bag-Mags were intended for cameras with viewfinders (either rangefinders or slr's ) That way they are mounted to the camera, and left there until time to install the next mag.
Most of my problems with Grafmatic's (which I love) are my error, like exposing film by removing it from the camera to use the gg prior to advancing to the next sheet.

Jim C.
20-Feb-2014, 12:31
Graflex did make a 8x10 SLR, it's mythical in it's rareness, search this forum, I think a member owns one or it was a link to a picture of one.
If you're looking for lightweight and 8x10 I'd just go with wood film holders, I own a fairchild bag mag for 5x7 and they're crazy heavy,
to it weighs more than the camera !

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 12:36
Graflex did make a 8x10 SLR, it's mythical in it's rareness, search this forum, I think a member owns one or it was a link to a picture of one.
If you're looking for lightweight and 8x10 I'd just go with wood film holders, I own a fairchild bag mag for 5x7 and they're crazy heavy,

Looking at the design I assumed it was a very heavy item, and wouldn't be good for my uses, thanks for confirming that.

I would holders later then the plastic fidelity ones? I would think the plastic would be later but I of course could easily be wrong.

W K Longcor
20-Feb-2014, 12:43
Actually, they DID make an 8x10 Graflex slr -- around the turn of the last century. Very, very rare -- not many made. As for the holder -- my choice would be a stack of light weight wooden film holders rather than a heavy, bulky metal graphmatic.( an 8x10 would have to be heavy and bulky).
Since Graflex was the manufacturer and they didn't make an 8X10 Graflex SLR or Graphic, there was no incentive. I suspect the reason there is no 5X7 Grafmatic is that the 5X7 cameras were discontinued before the development of the Grafmatic. The bagmags work very well when the septums are in good condition. I have 2 4X5s for my Graflex.

Bill

jnantz
20-Feb-2014, 12:44
it wouldn't be hard to design a 8x10 bag mag
they are a box with a spring on the lid
and 2 big slots and a leather bag
and septums, and a rod to pull it up / forward
it would weigh a ton
and knowing how much a bag mag jams up ( and septums get un-true )
with regular 4x5 film it would be more trouble than its worth.
4x5 plate bag mag jam up worse than film-ones ... ( and weigh almost as much as a camera )

koh303
20-Feb-2014, 13:01
Thanks guys, I suppose that's really the only option? Any reason one was never made? Is it just what I mentioned about 8x10 shooters adjusting for zones too much? It simply cost/sales numbers?

Grafmatics were designed for speed.
8X10 is a format that does not lend itself to speed (despite what robert polidori would you think), hence there was never a need for high speed loaders for 8X10. Most fashion or commercial sets had a loader whose sole job was to put a holder in the camera, remove the slide, put it back and replace the holder, so even there there was no real need for such a thing.

Come to think of it 8X10 does not really lend itself to being light weight either, unless you go with a fotoman handheld that is.

David A. Goldfarb
20-Feb-2014, 13:03
A bag mag needs some kind of removable back and a way of attaching it to the camera, either with slides like a Graflok back or with locator pins and clips like on my 5x7" Press Graflex. 8x10" cameras for the most part have spring backs. I think you would also need heavier gauge septums for an 8x10" Grafmatic, and with the leverage of a larger mechanism, there would be more hazard of light leaks when cycling the backs. Thicker septums would probably mean fewer sheets, since it still has to fit in the spring back. But on the upside a 5-sheet 8x10" Grafmatic would be great for loading from any size film box--10, 25, or 50 sheets, since they're all multiples of 5.

I have two bag mags for the 5x7"--one for film and one for plates adapted to film, and the plate mag is pretty heavy. I can only imagine how much it would weigh with a dozen glass plates, but the Press Graflex is a rigid box, so it can handle more weight on the back than an 8x10" field camera.

Ari
20-Feb-2014, 13:15
Do you use them yourself? I've never had any issues with mine, jamming or otherwise that wasn't user error, and the only film that's ever fallen out was in a fidelity holder. AFAIK the grafmatic holders are supposed to have BETTER film flatness than traditional holders.

I used them exclusively for a few years.
I did have a few of them jam, always at a very inopportune time.
They required constant maintenance, which is why I gave them up in favour of an all-Toyo film holder set.
I can't speak to better film flatness in Grafmatics over traditional film holders; in that regard, I've never had a problem with either.

Jim C.
20-Feb-2014, 14:07
Looking at the design I assumed it was a very heavy item, and wouldn't be good for my uses, thanks for confirming that.

I would holders later then the plastic fidelity ones? I would think the plastic would be later but I of course could easily be wrong.

Plastic holders would be later, wood ones are the earliest.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 14:08
Grafmatics were designed for speed.
8X10 is a format that does not lend itself to speed (despite what robert polidori would you think), hence there was never a need for high speed loaders for 8X10. Most fashion or commercial sets had a loader whose sole job was to put a holder in the camera, remove the slide, put it back and replace the holder, so even there there was no real need for such a thing.

Come to think of it 8X10 does not really lend itself to being light weight either, unless you go with a fotoman handheld that is.

Well I wasn't going for speed I was going for less bulk and lighter.

I've weighed 3 4x5 fidelity holders ( sheets of film) against the grafmatic and the fidelity plastic holders were heavier ...

So I assume sizing up, the same amount of metal MIGHT be lighter. But anyway it was mostly about cutting down on BULK. The 8x10 I want to buy only weighs 1lb more than my toyo45a actually weighs which is a tiny bit heavier than the listed weight by my scale.

Depends how big the tax return is...

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 14:09
Plastic holders would be later, wood ones are the earliest.

Key stroke error... LIGHTER...

David A. Goldfarb
20-Feb-2014, 14:16
Wooden holders are generally lighter than plastic.

Tin Can
20-Feb-2014, 14:37
Just go to 5x7 system, everything is much lighter and cheaper.

My Pre-War 5x7 Linhof Standard or whatever Bob Salomon calls it, weighs 6 lb, 1 oz without a lens. Weighed 2 minutes ago. Really sturdy all metal camera, rotating back. Newer 5x7 Linhofs weigh far more. Yes mine takes standard 5x7 film holders.

Kinda rare, but not really.

5x7 is great, even enlargers are small.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 15:35
Just go to 5x7 system, everything is much lighter and cheaper.

My Pre-War 5x7 Linhof Standard or whatever Bob Salomon calls it, weighs 6 lb, 1 oz without a lens. Weighed 2 minutes ago. Really sturdy all metal camera, rotating back. Newer 5x7 Linhofs weigh far more. Yes mine takes standard 5x7 film holders.

Kinda rare, but not really.

5x7 is great, even enlargers are small.

I've considered 5x7 many times, the film is at a good price but no Velvia.... Or not easily gotten, 8x10 is much easier to get.

If I go 8x10 I would buy the chamonix 8x10... Have a 4x5 reducing back and sell my toyo. Maybe a 5x7 reducing back too while it lasts. If the tax return comes in a little smaller, I may get the 45n version to cut a few lbs,

Only time will tell...

So wood holders huh? Are they more prone to light leaks because of age? What about susceptibility to warping etc from bad weather, if I'm hiking anywhere near where I live (New England) the humidity could be a huge factor.

Jim C.
20-Feb-2014, 15:35
Key stroke error... LIGHTER...

What David said, wood ones are much lighter than the plastic ones.
There's lots on the Bay but finding ones that aren't beaten to death are a little hard to do.

koh303
20-Feb-2014, 15:44
So I assume sizing up, the same amount of metal MIGHT be lighter. But anyway it was mostly about cutting down on BULK. The 8x10 I want to buy only weighs 1lb more than my toyo45a actually weighs which is a tiny bit heavier than the listed weight by my scale.
While that might be true, and a 4K$ 8X10 camera might weigh as little or close to a Toyo metal folder, many other things to do with 8X10 tends to be heavier: lenses, film holders, tripod possibly even a dark cloth might need to be bigger and thus heavier. All that is not to say one should not shoot 8X10, everybody should, but it aint going to be light.

If you want light and less bulk, go with a Toho FC 45X (http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/toho.htm).

I thought chamonix make wooden holders in all formats, to be had brand new?

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 15:54
While that might be true, and a 4K$ 8X10 camera might weigh as little or close to a Toyo metal folder, many other things to do with 8X10 tends to be heavier: lenses, film holders, tripod possibly even a dark cloth might need to be bigger and thus heavier. All that is not to say one should not shoot 8X10, everybody should, but it aint going to be light.

If you want light and less bulk, go with a Toho FC 45X (http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/toho.htm).

They do, they aren't too expensive so I consider that as well, they are some kind of hybrid wood and carbon fiber so they're extra light. But would prefer not to spend an extra grand on film holders LOL

Fred L
20-Feb-2014, 16:21
If someone made 8x10 cf holders at a *reasonable* price, I imagine they would fly. *If* the weight savings was significant of course.

While I like Grafmatics for some cameras (Byron Polaroid conversion for example), I tend to use regular film holders for everything else. Can't imagine an 8x10 Grafmatic tbh...

Tin Can
20-Feb-2014, 16:23
I have found many NOS 5x7 wood and plastic holders on eBay in original boxes, never NOS wood 8x10. I do have some NOS plastic 8x10. Excellent 4x5's are easy to find. I use plastic holders in metal cameras and wood ones in wood cameras.

Here are some I don't use and are saving for posterity. 2x3 come up all the time. 5x7 are much more rare. I am no longer in the NOS film holder market.

Custom holders are available, as you know.

I've considered 5x7 many times, the film is at a good price but no Velvia.... Or not easily gotten, 8x10 is much easier to get.

If I go 8x10 I would buy the chamonix 8x10... Have a 4x5 reducing back and sell my toyo. Maybe a 5x7 reducing back too while it lasts. If the tax return comes in a little smaller, I may get the 45n version to cut a few lbs,

Only time will tell...

So wood holders huh? Are they more prone to light leaks because of age? What about susceptibility to warping etc from bad weather, if I'm hiking anywhere near where I live (New England) the humidity could be a huge factor.

Kodachrome25
20-Feb-2014, 16:58

Yep, I have a dozen of them in 4x5 and they are fantastic and very light.

Leonard Robertson
20-Feb-2014, 18:50
I own a fairchild bag mag for 5x7 and they're crazy heavy,
I have a 5X7 "Graflex Cut Film Magazine" bag mag made by Folmer & Schwing Dept. EKC which is missing the septums. Without septums, it weighs 1 1/2 pounds. I doubt the septums would add a huge amount of weight. I recall looking at Fairchild 5X7 bag mags at camera shows and being shocked how heavy they were. I assumed the Fairchild versions were made for aerial photography and designed to be sturdier than the normal 5X7 bag mag. If anyone has either version with septums and could post a weight, it would be interesting. Maybe there isn't as much weight difference between the two types as I think there is.

Len

Ari
20-Feb-2014, 19:03
They do, they aren't too expensive so I consider that as well, they are some kind of hybrid wood and carbon fiber so they're extra light. But would prefer not to spend an extra grand on film holders LOL

Save yourself a lot of misery: don't buy old wooden 8x10 holders.
Try to find some newer plastic ones that are at least guaranteed to be flat and true, and that also have the same film plane depth from one side to the other.
In this regard, Toyos are the most consistent that I have found.

jnantz
20-Feb-2014, 19:12
I have two bag mags for the 5x7"--one for film and one for plates adapted to film, and the plate mag is pretty heavy. I can only imagine how much it would weigh with a dozen glass plates, but the Press Graflex is a rigid box, so it can handle more weight on the back than an 8x10" field camera.

the 4x5 plate one i have
... full of plates weighs almost as much as a speed graphic ...
not lightweight by any stretch of the imagination ...

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 20:31
Save yourself a lot of misery: don't buy old wooden 8x10 holders.
Try to find some newer plastic ones that are at least guaranteed to be flat and true, and that also have the same film plane depth from one side to the other.
In this regard, Toyos are the most consistent that I have found.

I don't trust the toyos, I'm hyper sensitive to smell so I won't buy then in the chance they are the smelly ones.

Dan, I guess I'll probably do that then, and a pup tent (assuming there's enough room to easily change 8x10 films in one...)

Kodachrome25
20-Feb-2014, 21:16
and a pup tent (assuming there's enough room to easily change 8x10 films in one...)

Pup tent will likely be pretty tight for loading 8x10, consider the next size up...

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 21:37
Pup tent will likely be pretty tight for loading 8x10, consider the next size up...

So 8x10 chomonix are pretty expensive... $210 per holder... Eep! I guess I only really need 6 for choice images and hiking/pack size. 4 HP5+ 4 Acros100 and 4 Velvia50 sheets.

Wish they made the pup tent with an extension bag area to slide stuff into that doesn't need roof supporting and also doubled as a camera dark bag cloth.

David A. Goldfarb
20-Feb-2014, 22:13
Wish they made the pup tent with an extension bag area to slide stuff into that doesn't need roof supporting and also doubled as a camera dark bag cloth.

The Harrison Jumbo Tent has this as an option for ULF and panoramic format shooters, but I'm not sure how you order it. It may be a custom order.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 22:18
The Harrison Jumbo Tent has this as an option for ULF and panoramic format shooters, but I'm not sure how you order it. It may be a custom order.

Which "this" do you mean? Extra unsupported space? Or the double as a dark cloth for the camera?

I didn't have much trouble changing 11x14 in my standard Harrison tent.

I'll have to check out the pup tent to see if it's big enough for this whole endeavor, perhaps I'll make my own...

David A. Goldfarb
20-Feb-2014, 23:38
Extra unsupported space--a long side pocket for loading formats like 8x20", 12x20", and 20x24".

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 23:41
Extra unsupported space--a long side pocket for loading formats like 8x20", 12x20", and 20x24".

Gotcha, thanks.

Drew Bedo
21-Feb-2014, 06:29
There are many vintage items that I wish could be made again with modern materials. A Grafmatic of any size, is one of them. I would think that 3D printing in the right plastic for the body, and carbon Fiber septums and slides could make a much lighter unit.

With modern methods and materials, an 8x10 Grafmatic might be possible. But—How much would you (or anyone) be willing to pay? The antique grafmatics in 4x5 sell for $75 to $150 depending on condition. A Brand-new one in 8x10 would have to be much higher.

StoneNYC
21-Feb-2014, 07:30
There are many vintage items that I wish could be made again with modern materials. A Grafmatic of any size, is one of them. I would think that 3D printing in the right plastic for the body, and carbon Fiber septums and slides could make a much lighter unit.

With modern methods and materials, an 8x10 Grafmatic might be possible. But—How much would you (or anyone) be willing to pay? The antique grafmatics in 4x5 sell for $75 to $150 depending on condition. A Brand-new one in 8x10 would have to be much higher.

True... (About price)

Random question, how does IR film do with CF dark slides?

cyrus
21-Feb-2014, 08:23
Considering the film situation, this would be a risky business investment. Now if you could figure out a grafmatic for wet plate work, here take all my money.

StoneNYC
21-Feb-2014, 13:39
Considering the film situation, this would be a risky business investment. Now if you could figure out a grafmatic for wet plate work, here take all my money.

Ok give me $10,000 and I'll make a 4 plate grafmatic from scratch ;)

Tin Can
21-Feb-2014, 13:47
Ok Stone,

Here it is, hack a cheap laser printer, or any printer, that has a paper storage box, fill it with 100 sheets of film and have the printer feed system deliver the film to a vacuum back on a camera, when done shooting a film, release vacuum pressure, have a little shaker, shake the film area and let the exposed film drop into a neat stack using gravity.

Simple! A 100 sheet 8x10 auto feed film system. Don't stop there, go for ULF sizes.

Use a KS to get it going.

I have no interest, you may have the idea.

StoneNYC
21-Feb-2014, 14:11
Ok Stone,

Here it is, hack a cheap laser printer, or any printer, that has a paper storage box, fill it with 100 sheets of film and have the printer feed system deliver the film to a vacuum back on a camera, when done shooting a film, release vacuum pressure, have a little shaker, shake the film area and let the exposed film drop into a neat stack using gravity.

Simple! A 100 sheet 8x10 auto feed film system. Don't stop there, go for ULF sizes.

Use a KS to get it going.

I have no interest, you may have the idea.

:)

Jim C.
21-Feb-2014, 15:44
I have a 5X7 "Graflex Cut Film Magazine" bag mag made by Folmer & Schwing Dept. EKC which is missing the septums. Without septums, it weighs 1 1/2 pounds. I doubt the septums would add a huge amount of weight. I recall looking at Fairchild 5X7 bag mags at camera shows and being shocked how heavy they were. I assumed the Fairchild versions were made for aerial photography and designed to be sturdier than the normal 5X7 bag mag. If anyone has either version with septums and could post a weight, it would be interesting. Maybe there isn't as much weight difference between the two types as I think there is.

Len

Len, My Fairchild Aerotype 5x7 bag mag weighs in at 2.17 Lbs without the septums, the body of the Fairchild is the same as other bagmags, stamped steel
cover, brass rails and advance bar, wood, leather, the septums are the thing that makes it weigh a ton,
they're a double sheath construction, an outer sheath with the stamped number and an inner captive sheath that holds the film.
A 12 septums come in at a hefty 2.6 Lbs, total weight with septums minus film is 4.79 lbs. So with film you're looking at close to if not a 5 lb bag mag.
In comparison my 4x5 bag mag with septums comes in at 1.4 Lbs.

Tin Can
21-Feb-2014, 15:53
Stone, idea #2, get a special roll cutting of 8" film, make a roll film back for 8x10 with vacuum back. Use FocuSpot for close focus, And infinity stops for those mountain shots.

This is getting easier.

Here is an inventor and photographer.

Look at the last 2 custom cameras in this Peter Gowland website. http://www.petergowland.com/camera/

Leonard Robertson
21-Feb-2014, 16:39
Len, My Fairchild Aerotype 5x7 bag mag weighs in at 2.17 Lbs without the septums, the body of the Fairchild is the same as other bagmags, stamped steel
cover, brass rails and advance bar, wood, leather, the septums are the thing that makes it weigh a ton,
they're a double sheath construction, an outer sheath with the stamped number and an inner captive sheath that holds the film.
A 12 septums come in at a hefty 2.6 Lbs, total weight with septums minus film is 4.79 lbs. So with film you're looking at close to if not a 5 lb bag mag.
In comparison my 4x5 bag mag with septums comes in at 1.4 Lbs.

Jim - Thank you for clearing up a misconception I've had for many years. I always assumed the 5X7 septums wouldn't add much weight. So when I hefted a Fairchild with septums and it was really heavy, I thought the Fairchild body must be heavier that the Graflex version. Now I understand the problem is the septum weight. Very interesting.

Len

Jim C.
21-Feb-2014, 19:38
Len - The 5x7 septums with the stamped numbers that hold the film aluminum sheaths are steel, as opposed to the
4x5 bag mags which are aluminum sheaths.
I was surprised at how heavy it is when I received mine, it's quite a hunk of camera to hold when it's coupled to a 5x7 Graflex SLR.

jnantz
22-Feb-2014, 08:43

hi cyrus

the trick is to do DRY tintypes
and you can use a grafmatic plate holder ( bagmag ) or make one
or a magazine camera
ive eventual plans on building a ulf falling plate camera
and shooting 7x11 dry tintypes with it... it shouldn't be too hard
the whole mechanism is pertty simple ...
there is no no exlplosive, caustic ( or otherwise dangerous ) chemistry, or immediacy

you could also attach the developer and fixer tanks under the camera like itinerant photographers
did back in the day, if you want to bring the circus on the road :)

jbenedict
7-May-2014, 12:06
Good point, but I bet AA would have re-designed the zone system just to use them on his trips! Haha

Maybe not, he probably used mules...

When AA wanted to go light, he used 4x5 film packs. 16 shots in a pack and they can be changed in subdued light.

AA also had hired help. (John Sexton was one of his final assistants.) Remember, he was a working professional who had work assignments.

rjmeyer314
7-May-2014, 16:46

Bill

Graflex did make SLRs in 8x10 and 6 1/2 x 8 1/2. I've never seen any. J. O. Tepper, who used to sell a lot of Graflex equipment on Ebay, once wrote me that he had only seen one 8x10 Graflex SLR in 30 years of camera trading.

jbenedict
7-May-2014, 17:08
Speaking of 8x10:

Here's one for Bob Salomon, our resident expert on Linhof. I read in a general article about Technikas that there were a few (a very few) 8x10 Technikas. True?

Tin Can
7-May-2014, 17:15
Yes, one sold last year I think. Very big and very heavy.

Speaking of 8x10:

Here's one for Bob Salomon, our resident expert on Linhof. I read in a general article about Technikas that there were a few (a very few) 8x10 Technikas. True?

StoneNYC
7-May-2014, 17:23
Cool! Well, at least they once existed, I'm now on a path for "normal" 8x10 holders, no more tricks :)