PDA

View Full Version : Which Tiffen Series Lens Shade for a Kodak CE 14"?

Ari
18-Feb-2014, 17:19
In the grand scheme of things, this is at the bottom of the list of important stuff, but...

I am awaiting a 14" Kodak Commercial Ektar, and I'd like to get a metal lens hood for it.

I have a nice Tiffen Series 9 WA for my WF Ektar, and I'd like to know what would be the correct Tiffen lens hood for the 14" CE.

From online research, the lens' filter thread is 72mm, but older Tiffen nomenclature foregoes that silly anachronism, using instead "Series V" or "Series 8" appellation.

Which one would I need, and how long should the lens shade be, at minimum, for the 14" KCE?

Thanks in advance.

AtlantaTerry
18-Feb-2014, 19:53
Ari, if you look around eBay you can find some sellers who have mm to Series adapters. Or you can just make your own with JB Weld epoxy.

Since you have a lens that is 14" / 355mm I would just buy a 72mm folding rubber telephoto lens hood from your local camera store or an eBay vendor. That is what I've done for my non-wide angle lenses. These are easier to find and transport than a long chunk of metal lens hood.

Ari
18-Feb-2014, 19:56
Thanks, Terry; I think I might just get a rubber collapsible hood, at least it folds out of the way.