PDA

View Full Version : sinar lensboard that will accept a linhof lenboard?

adrian tyler
19-Sep-2004, 14:09
anyone heard of a sinar lensboard that will accept a linhof lenboard? sounds silly but this would save me a lot of sweat changing boards, which is also destroying my nails! :-)

Gem Singer
19-Sep-2004, 14:25
I use an adapter lensboard on my 8X10 Tachihara was told that the Tachihara lensboard is the same size as the Sinar lensboard. My lenses are mounted on Linhof Tech type lensboards. Call, or e-mail Jim, at Midwest Photo Exchange (jim@mpex.com) to verify that theseTachi 8X10 boards will fit your Sinar. The Tachi adapter lensboards are not expensive, and Jim has them in stock.

Leslie Gordon
19-Sep-2004, 14:33
SK Grimes can make just about any kind of lensboard adapter. Send them a Sinar lensboard and they'll cut it out to accommodate Technika boards. Will probably take 4-6 weeks, though.

tim atherton
19-Sep-2004, 14:42
Sinar makes a horendously expensive one. Horseman makes a soemwhat less expensive one and Bromwell makes a less expensive one still...

I found a new Horseman one on ebay for $65.00 or so with a bit of patience (one or the other version seems to show up every couple of weeks, but they seem quite popular!)

Bart Langenaken
19-Sep-2004, 14:42
I have a lensboard Sinar to Linhof Technika for sale. If interested mail me. I you want I can send you some pictures.

Bart

Bruce Barlow
19-Sep-2004, 14:49
Richard Ritter can make you an adapter board. 802-365-7807. He does good work.

Struan Gray
19-Sep-2004, 15:13
If you want a European source, Mike Walker used to sell these for £80. They're not on his new, updated website, but given what they cost from Sinar it might be worth an email. www.walkercameras.com

Dave Schneider
19-Sep-2004, 19:42
You can make one yourself quite easily. Get any Sinar sized lensboard, a generic no name will cost you $35. The retainers can be as pretty as a slide clasp or as functional as a wing nut. I have made adapters for Sinar and Toyo boards to accept Technica sized boards. Only requires hand tools and some time.

adrian tyler
20-Sep-2004, 05:24
thanks everyone!

adrian

Ron Bose
20-Sep-2004, 11:34
Make sure you order the right setting.

If you use true Linhof lensboards, the hole is off centre. Therefore your adapter board must be designed to have the lens centred on the board's centre.

Generic Linhof boards are centred with the light trap, which in itself is slightly off centre.

SK Grimes are aware of this and you need to specify "Linhof Centre".

Cheers ...

Keith Pitman
20-Sep-2004, 19:16
Check with Bromwell: http://www.bromwellmarketing.com. I got a Linhof to Sinar board from them a couple of years ago and a reasonable price.

Ron Bose
22-Sep-2004, 08:38
I talked with Ted Bromwell about this subject, he confirmed that his boards are not true Linhof lensboard centred, they're 'generic' lensboard centred.

For these adapter boards, this means that you will need to apply 5mm or so worth of rise to centre the lens.

When I finally get around to it, I'll get S.K. Grimes to build it for me with the Linhof centre, so I don't lose out on that bit of rise and my zero's mean zero's ....