PDA

View Full Version : Any Wisconsin LFer's going after this?

John Kasaian
17-Feb-2014, 15:40
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hikers-make-rare-visit-to-ice-caves-of-lake-superior/

StoneNYC
17-Feb-2014, 17:34
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hikers-make-rare-visit-to-ice-caves-of-lake-superior/

So cool!!!!

Jim Becia
17-Feb-2014, 19:57
John,

I was there about 3 weeks ago. It is quite amazing. Unfortunately, at least for LF photography, the hoards of people making photographing a challenge. Still, it was amazing to witness it.

StoneNYC
17-Feb-2014, 20:46
John,

I was there about 3 weeks ago. It is quite amazing. Unfortunately, at least for LF photography, the hoards of people making photographing a challenge. Still, it was amazing to witness it.

Annoying now but in 20 years, the people there in the shot tell a story...

Jac@stafford.net
18-Feb-2014, 09:25
Saturday, the 22nd for us, but with the 6x12, 35mm Grandagon and open flashbulbs.

evan clarke
18-Feb-2014, 13:21
Would have if I could..there were around 2000 people a day at peak and parking was almost 2 miles away. My buddy has a cabin in Cornucopia and figured he didn't have a chance

Jim Becia
20-Feb-2014, 05:42
The day I visited was about 15 below zero with 15 mile an hour winds. When I arrived at the parking lot (early AM) there was only one other car. However, by 11AM, the people were on their way out to see the caves. I imagine weekends are just packed. Just get there early on a cold, blustery day and I would think there would be fewer people. In hindsight, I wish I had brought along some type of digital camera. If it happens again, I'll know better.

StoneNYC
20-Feb-2014, 07:15
The day I visited was about 15 below zero with 15 mile an hour winds. When I arrived at the parking lot (early AM) there was only one other car. However, by 11AM, the people were on their way out to see the caves. I imagine weekends are just packed. Just get there early on a cold, blustery day and I would think there would be fewer people. In hindsight, I wish I had brought along some type of digital camera. If it happens again, I'll know better.

What system did you take instead? Why digital?

Jim Becia
20-Feb-2014, 19:51
What system did you take instead? Why digital?

I took my 8x10 system. I will see my film in a few days, although I really did not take as many photos as I was hoping. The reason for wanting a digital was twofold- 1. it would have allowed me into many places I could not take the 8x10 and
2. also because trying to position the 8x10 on some images would have required me to be a contortionist, and that just isn't happening at my age.