PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite

tgtaylor
5-Feb-2014, 20:38
Big snow this weekend. Who's headed up (or down)?

Thomas

Vaughn
5-Feb-2014, 21:34
Not until the end of the month...

Amedeus
5-Feb-2014, 21:39
I for one would love to this weekend ... need a partner in crime ?

tgtaylor
7-Feb-2014, 17:57
Badger Pass road is open and the ski resort will open tomorrow! Check out the Yosemite webcams.

Thomas

ROL
7-Feb-2014, 18:37
Thomas,

This atmospheric event is based upon a so–called "pineapple connection" of warm, moist air originating near Hawaii. While all that rain may assist the filling of northern coastal reservoirs, snow levels are forecast to be 8,000'+ in the Central Sierra, likely only adding marginally to a mostly non existent snowpack, except at high elevations. That means wet snow/rain at Badger or higher and very wet (:eek:) rain in the Valley. If photographing in a deluge is your idea of fun, a snorkel may be more appropriate than skis.

John Kasaian
7-Feb-2014, 20:51
We're finally going skiing!:cool:

Nathan Potter
7-Feb-2014, 21:13
Does that mean an occasional pineapple might drop from the sky. I'd like to see a candid image of a pineapple lying in the snow. Please keep your eyes peeled. ;)

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Vaughn
8-Feb-2014, 01:01
Does that mean an occasional pineapple might drop from the sky. I'd like to see a candid image of a pineapple lying in the snow. Please keep your eyes peeled. ;) Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Those pineapples can hurt, but the coconuts are deadly...

Lots of rain here in Humboldt County -- but relatively warm.

tgtaylor
8-Feb-2014, 09:09
If you managed to catch a Zulu parade during Mardi Gras in New Orleans you had to be alert because they threw coconuts!

Thomas