PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: How many people might be interested in an outdoor art fair?

Darin Boville
3-Feb-2014, 19:36
Looking for some quick feedback on an idea that some of us are batting around.

How many people would be interesting in showing/selling work at an outdoor art fair in Half Moon Bay? No commitment at all, just looking for a show of hands--trying to get a sense of whether we should start thinking about an art fair or--my thinking--a *photography only* art fair.

Keep in mind that doing one of these fairs is a lot of work--just getting inventory together is a major task. You'd probably need some sort of tent and displays. You know the drill.

Say we aimed at late summer for a target.

Who is out there who *might* want to join in?

--Darin

srbphoto
3-Feb-2014, 22:47
if I was still down there I would be 110%. I'll have to ask some friends I know to see if they would be interested.

Rick Russell
4-Feb-2014, 10:18
Depending on date, I would be interested in taking part in a photography only outdoor art fair in the Bay area.

Rick Russell
richardrussell-1@ca.rr.com

Drew Wiley
4-Feb-2014, 10:32
Have you checked into the zoning/city ordinance logistics? ... or even if they're open-minded to a "photography only" venue? You might get some flak from other forms of artists in the area. Obviously, it won't hurt to ask.

Darin Boville
4-Feb-2014, 21:55
Have you checked into the zoning/city ordinance logistics? ... or even if they're open-minded to a "photography only" venue? You might get some flak from other forms of artists in the area. Obviously, it won't hurt to ask.

No, not yet. We just kicking the ideas around. We have a location--a good one--and the zoning shouldn't be a problem. Don't know about other artists in other mediums. I didn't ask... :)

--Darin

angusparker
4-Feb-2014, 22:00
I might be interested. Would depend on how many pieces you need and whether there would be a time commitment required and when.