PDA

View Full Version : Problem closing Toyo 45Aii

Bob Sawin
1-Feb-2014, 17:19
I am having a problem closing my camera. With the bellows racked all the back and the front standard brought forward and down the front standard supports stick up too far and prevent the camera from closing. It looks like the whole front standard base needs to rack back another 1/8" to 1/4". What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Alan Gales
1-Feb-2014, 18:13
Hi Bob. I have never used a Toyo 45 series but I'll give it a try. You mentioned that your bellows is fully retracted. Unfold your camera and check to see if the front bed extension is fully retracted. If this isn't the problem then check to see if your rear extension is fully closed.

DG 3313
1-Feb-2014, 18:51
Bob, In addition to Alan's recommendation.....there are a few things that could be happening. If the front standard is not all the way back on the rails....it won't close. If the front standard is too high or too low it won't close. The lock knobs should all be loose.
Good luck!

StoneNYC
1-Feb-2014, 21:54
Hi Bob. I have never used a Toyo 45 series but I'll give it a try. You mentioned that your bellows is fully retracted. Unfold your camera and check to see if the front bed extension is fully retracted. If this isn't the problem then check to see if your rear extension is fully closed.

I have one and this would be my advice.

Sometimes you don't realize it's not fully retracted.

Kuzano
1-Feb-2014, 22:20
Are you leaving all your lockdowns loose. If you leave ANY of the knobs tightened or locked down, anywhere on the front movements, you will impede camera closure. I know that is true on the 45A and I had a couple of 45AII's and I think the same problem occurs if ANY one of the knobs or lockdowns is tight. The front lens plane cannot shift back like it should if you leave ANYTHING locked or tight.

Bob Sawin
5-Feb-2014, 14:32
Thanks all. As it turns out all I needed to do was loosen the two knobs underneath the camera make sure that the two silver rails were pushed in as far as possible. And problem solved!

Thanks again.