PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon SW 90mm SW vs. NSW

tenderobject
25-Jan-2014, 23:52
Hello guys,

I'm searching for a fujinon 90mm that i could use if ever i buy the Travelwide. I just noticed there were 2 versions.
I have the single coated version (SW?) that i use for my Speed Graphic and Fotoman 6x17 camera. I'm just anxious if the difference from the two are just the coating, f-stop and the elements because if i buy another one i might choose the NSW and use it for my 617, then the old version would be for TW. Would i get focus problem with NSW if i use it with 617? I use the old version on it without any problem whatsoever. Almost Plug and play. I'm just worried if i would get focus problem if i use the NSW with the camera. Do i need a new cone for my 617 just to use the NSW? I can't see any data sheets for these two lenses. Anyone? Thank you!

dave_whatever
26-Jan-2014, 03:17
I had a single coated fuji 90/8 and it was good on-axis but not to good off axis. Sharpness towards the edges of 6x17 shots at f/22 was only OK. Replaced it with a 90/5.6 super angulon which was much better across the full 6x17 frame.

tenderobject
26-Jan-2014, 03:54
If i replace it with new lens i have to buy a new cone, right? I think i'm fine with Fujinon. Just wondering if i should buy a new cone for the NSW if ever.

I had a single coated fuji 90/8 and it was good on-axis but not to good off axis. Sharpness towards the edges of 6x17 shots at f/22 was only OK. Replaced it with a 90/5.6 super angulon which was much better across the full 6x17 frame.