PDA

View Full Version : Storage box for 4" x 4" filters

Larry Huppert
14-Oct-1999, 21:49
I found a great storage box for 4" x 4" filters. The are hard plastic cases whi ch old Digital Equipment TK50 or TK70 tape cartridges came in. The are almost a perfect fit & hold about 10 or more 2mm thick filters. They are kind of like t he flip open floppy disk cases (which are just a little too small). I found the cases (with tapes included) at the MIT Flea Market (Cambridge, MA) for about a $1 a piece.

Ben Diss
15-Oct-1999, 17:34
So... Did you get a bunch of them, or just a couple? :)

Ellis Vener
15-Oct-1999, 21:06
What i want to find is a similar box for my 100x125mm grads.

Larry Huppert
15-Oct-1999, 22:25
I purchased enough of them to fill my personal needs, and have a couple for backup (no pun intended). If you search, you'll still find a number of them around. In my past, I worked for Digital Equipment and remember seeing thousands of these things in the dumpster. If I only knew their utility back then. BTW - the actual inside dimension is about 108mm x 108mm.

Larry Huppert
15-Oct-1999, 22:27
I purchased enough of them to fill my personal needs, and have a couple for backup (no pun intended). If you search, you'll still find a number of them around. In my past, I worked for Digital Equipment and remember seeing thousands of these things in the dumpster. If I only knew their utility back then. BTW - the actual inside dimension is about 108mm x 108mm.

Ellis - have you seen the Lee filter wallet? It will hold about 10 or so 100 x 125 filters. It has a fair amount of padding, so it's not as compact as a box would be.