PDA

View Full Version : B&W film sources

Curtis Nelson
10-Sep-2004, 16:51
With all the talk lately about Ilford's 'imminent demise', I got to thinking about which companies still manufacture their own large format b&w film? I understand that some companies rebrand their film, but what I'd like to see is a list of the original manufacturers and the film they make?

Feel free to add to the list:

1. Kodak - various films

2. Ilford - various films

3. Agfa - ?

Thanks

Neal Shields
10-Sep-2004, 17:04
I found this link the other day, I think it is pretty comprehensive.

http://www.nationalacademyofphotography.org/film-fmts.html

Michael Kadillak
10-Sep-2004, 20:09
You knocked one out of the park with that link Neil!

Looking at that list, it is hard to not be appreciative of the remaining selections.

Just received a large order for 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 of Ilford FP4+ in the new packaging from B&H and hope to make another shortly. Kodak T Max 400 is another film that Clay H. talked favorably about (right on!) and I find Efke PL100 in 4x5 up to and including 12x20 equally attractive when I can get away with a lower film speed. If Kodak would make T Max 400 in sizes larger than 8x10 I would think hard about another loan on the house.

Cheers!

Jon_2416
10-Sep-2004, 20:45
Thanks for the link, Neal. That is a excellent resource.

Jeffrey Scott
11-Sep-2004, 18:54
"With all the talk lately about Ilford's 'imminent demise'"

That is exactly what it is: talk (as in rumours)! If you really want Ilford to go down the tubes, jump ship. However, if you use and would like to continue using Ilford products, keep on doing so; that is the only way Ilford will still be around.