PDA

View Full Version : Photographers Formulary

Michael Graves
22-Jan-2014, 15:13
I just went to their site to order some supplied and received a message that they cannot ship to my site. I've purchased hundreds of dollars worth of stuff from them. What now? Who else does what they do?

Richard Wasserman
22-Jan-2014, 15:15
How about calling PF to discuss the problem?

Drew Wiley
22-Jan-2014, 15:20
What specifically did you order? You might have to fill out a distinct signed disclosure of your intended applications (photographic). It appears that certain chems
we photographers take for granted also have unintended applications in illegal cottage industries, and there might be very specific restrictions shipping these to
VT. I had a good conversation with them one day and was fairly amazed at what kinds of chemicals are being monitored by the Feds due to a track record of actual abuse, even chromium salts! I guess some folks want to fry their brains even faster than others, but it seems to be a fact of life nowadays.

Nathan Potter
23-Jan-2014, 02:55
US DOT shipping requirements may be too onerous for certain chemicals. Possibly the state of VT may have some of their own shipping restrictions. For some things that I really need for experiments I've offered to pay double their listing price (not PF) and that was effective in a couple of instances.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

neil poulsen
23-Jan-2014, 04:34
B&H refused to send me HC110 developer. One must pick it at their main N.Y. location.

How about Bostick-Sullivan.com?

vinny
23-Jan-2014, 06:07
Adorama sells formulary chems and ships for much less. There's Artcraft for most things too.

Michael Graves
23-Jan-2014, 06:14
At first, when I called, I got a rather weird "neutral" voice mail message. Considering I've gotten their VM before, that had me concerned. I redialed, thinking I had misdialed the first time,but got the same message. Figuring, what the heck, I left a message then got on here and posted my original question. Last night at 5:30 my time I got a call back from a gentleman from PF. He explained that their computers and phones had been down for the entire day. My order is placed and I'm happier than a pig in s...I am very happy to get it from PF. I like them.

Drew Wiley
23-Jan-2014, 09:29
Heck... even out West here we've heard about the crackdown in VT, if you'll pardon the prefix "crack". When our great local lab supply, Bryant Lab, was open down the street, they did sell a lot of photo chem, but their main customer base was hospital research and pharmaceutical. And this is, after all, the world epicenter of much of that kind of R&D. They retired. But over the years I learned from them how a remarkable number of chems we use actually have pharmaceutical applications,
legit or illegit. For instance, I was surprised to learn that printmakers need a higher purity of amidol than medical applications do, whatever that means.

Graybeard
23-Jan-2014, 13:14
B&H refused to send me HC110 developer. One must pick it at their main N.Y. location.

How about Bostick-Sullivan.com?

Unique Photo in New Jersey has it listed on their website with no shipping restrictions listed.

John Bowen
23-Jan-2014, 14:39
Unique Photo in New Jersey has it listed on their website with no shipping restrictions listed.

Unique shipped me some HC-110 about two weeks ago.....