PDA

View Full Version : Kodak 2d 5x7

brucep
20-Jan-2014, 13:32
Can anyone tell me if this camera will close up enough to allow a fujinon 105sw to focus at infinity?
Thanks
Bruce

StoneNYC
20-Jan-2014, 13:53
Why would a 5x7 LF not focus at infinity who a 100mm lens? A 5x7 camera can probably focus up to 400mm for most lenses

vinny
20-Jan-2014, 14:11
Bellows on some large format cameras don't compress far enough due to the fabric/folds thickness which has nothing to do with long lenses except for the fact that the loger the bellows, the less they can compress because of the amount of material involved.

StoneNYC
20-Jan-2014, 14:12
Bellows on some large format cameras don't compress far enough due to the fabric/folds thickness which has nothing to do with long lenses except for the fact that the loger the bellows, the less they can compress because of the amount of material involved.

Whoops I miss-read his post. My mistake...

Bill_1856
20-Jan-2014, 14:19
It is 104mm from the ground glass to the front surface of my lens board. I presume that your Fujinon 105mm lens would protrude behind the lensboard, so the answer is YES.

brucep
20-Jan-2014, 14:23
It is 104mm from the ground glass to the front surface of my lens board. I presume that your Fujinon 105mm lens would protrude behind the lensboard, so the answer is YES.

Thanks for that info.

Bruce

brucep
20-Jan-2014, 14:32

Thanks for explaining it to him, but I would have just ignored stones post like I always do. Some people just need to say something even though they have nothing worth saying. Why they think putting lol after rubbish makes it worth saying I just don't understand?

StoneNYC
20-Jan-2014, 14:50
Thanks for explaining it to him, but I would have just ignored stones post like I always do. Some people just need to say something even though they have nothing worth saying. Why they think putting lol after rubbish makes it worth saying I just don't understand?

Sorry, I was trying to help, I'll just shut up instead.

vinny
20-Jan-2014, 14:50

Stop, you're making my sides hurt! LOL:)

dsphotog
20-Jan-2014, 18:56
You could always make a recessed lens board.....