PDA

View Full Version : Century Universal Question.

gleaf
16-Jan-2014, 20:40
Minor dumb question. Does someone have dimension information for the CU's lens board. Specifically the taper of the front lip.
Side question what camera took the same 6 inch square board but had no taper to the front lip.

jcoldslabs
16-Jan-2014, 23:07
I currently have a Century Universal 8x10 and used to have a Kodak 2D. Both took the same 6" square wooden boards. The OEM lens boards have the bevel on the bottom lip that you refer to, but I have made numerous homemade boards without the bevel and they work just fine. In other words, I don't think the bevel (or taper) is a make-or-break proposition with these cameras.

Jonathan

RichSBV
16-Jan-2014, 23:37
The bevel is only needed for a tight fitting board. I put that bevel in using a regular wood file. Eye'd at 45 degrees for almost half the width of the edge. It's far from critical. I did have one board, maybe from my B&J that wouldn't quite fit without the bevel. Took about a minute to fix it :p It's really just there so the board can be angled in, obviously starting with the bottom edge...

jcoldslabs
16-Jan-2014, 23:41
I put that bevel in using a regular wood file. Eye'd at 45 degrees for almost half the width of the edge.

I did the same but with some medium grit sandpaper when I felt it was necessary.

J.