PDA

View Full Version : need new bellows made for 8x10 century universal

nlecorgne
14-Jan-2014, 18:47
I need to have new bellows made for an 8x10 Century Universal. A friend is leaving for England this week, and offered to drop the old bellows and frame with Custom Bellows. However, I have just found out that KEH can make bellows for my camera for about half the price with no risk of damage or loss during international return shipping. Custom Bellows has been at this for a long time, and has a great reputation. KEH is relatively close to me and has a great rep for used equipment, but I don't know how they will do with making bellows, particularly ones as tricky as the Century Universal. Bellows for the camera are 76cm at full extension and need to collapse to 3cm in order for the camera (clamshell design) to close, and both companies say this won't be a problem. Of course it's always great to save money, but my primary concern is getting good bellows that will stand up to many years of use. I have to make a decision pretty quickly. So if anyone has had experience with either company and is willing to offer some input, I would be appreciative.

vinny
14-Jan-2014, 19:26
I don't. Rudy at ecbuyonline2008 (in china) makes them as well. Red or black for about $180 shipped and he works pretty fast. I don't think he deals with making frames/mounting them though. His email is ecbuyonline at gmail.com

brucep
15-Jan-2014, 01:03
I can certainly vouch for custom bellows. I have a simple 10x8 bellow with Rudy at the moment to try him out. I sent Rudy the old bellows and he is fitting the new ones to the frames.

Lachlan 717
15-Jan-2014, 01:47
Send Filip an email at filip@habart.cz.

He's the guy offering the ULF equipment ou of Prague mentioned in another thread. He's been very accommodating with my weird requests for new 7x17 bellows, and they're going to be cheaper than ecbuyonline's equivalent.

Can't comment on his quality yet; however, from our correspondence, he seems a hell of a good guy.

nlecorgne
18-Jan-2014, 10:18
Thanks to everyone for your input. I've decided to go ahead with Custom Bellows, and should have the camera up and running in a month or so.