PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F2 lens standard on a SinarF1?

norm the storm
14-Jan-2014, 08:50
Hi
I have a Sinar F1 since a 3-4 years and I'm happy with this. I realized that it will be more practical, in some occasions, to make fine focusing with the front standard who is possible with the F2 but not with the F1. Is it possible to change the front standard only? Does it work with the F1 rail and bellows?

Thank you

lbenac
14-Jan-2014, 08:57
The only problem is that the F2 front standard when you find one for sale cost as much as a basic F1 kit. I did the same bought an F1 instead of an f2 as I should have.

Cheers,

luc

Drew Wiley
14-Jan-2014, 10:24
The F2 front standard fits the same, but has longer rise legs, and is much better made (separate shift and swing locks, much more durable). I've seen very clean ones offered around the $200 range. But in this day and age you can acquire an entire F2 camera for about half the original list price of the standard alone.

lbenac
14-Jan-2014, 10:40
The F2 front standard fits the same, but has longer rise legs, and is much better made (separate shift and swing locks, much more durable). I've seen very clean ones offered around the $200 range. But in this day and age you can acquire an entire F2 camera for about half the original list price of the standard alone.

Yes on the auction site there are two "offered" for sale at over $250. On the same site I paid $290 for my F1. Granted I should have gone directly for a F2 instead...

lbenac
14-Jan-2014, 20:53
I am delighted to say that a search on the auction site yielded an F2 front standard for $100.
My F1 will soon become a very stable F2. Sinar shutter and barrel lenses should love the new standard.
Norm I have to thank you for indirectly make me look again....

Cheers,

Luc