PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Service in Canada/Help with 810M Problem

Ari
13-Jan-2014, 08:35
Hi,
I haven't found anything on this forum or elsewhere online, so maybe somebody knows somebody who knows.
I think the last place (near Toronto) closed back in 2004.

My 810M's front and rear standards do not stay tightened, even after the knobs controlling the standards are tightened.
I have tried to find out which part is at fault (i.e. worn out or loose), but it is such an overbuilt camera that getting in there is akin to minor surgery.
I do have the parts diagram and have tried several times to get at the root of the problem, but I've always stopped for fear of making things worse.

So is there a service centre in Canada that anyone knows about? The MAC group is verrrrry expensive and they would take several weeks due to backlog.

Conversely, has anyone experienced this problem with the 810M, and can you help in a diagnosis?

Thanks in advance.

tgtaylor
13-Jan-2014, 09:29
Ari,

Why don't you check with Henry's in Toronto. I'm sure that he could recommend a local technician. If not, then I'd recommend sending it in to the MAC group. They have the techs and parts. Good luck with it.

Thomas

Ari
13-Jan-2014, 09:34
Thanks, Thomas; Henry's only sells up to MF, but you're right, they may have an idea of who to call.

Oren Grad
13-Jan-2014, 09:40
Not in Canada, but you might check with Bob Watkins (Precision Camera Works) - he does good work and is comfortable with LF gear, may be less expensive than MAC. If you want to keep it within Canada, you might see if there's a local authorized repair agent for Linhof or Sinar - again, that should get you somebody who knows his or her way around a LF camera.

Ari
13-Jan-2014, 11:56
Thanks, Oren; I'll give Bob a call and see what can be done.
There is a Linhof service guy in Toronto, I'd call them as a last resort.